HIV Prevention Community
HIV from Inserting Cut Finger in Vagina

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV from Inserting Cut Finger in Vagina

I am hoping to finally put this question to rest and that some of you can help.  The basics of the situation are that I had a small cut that looked very much like a paper cut near the base of the nail on my middle finger.  The was about 3mm wide and definately split the skin.  I didn't really notice the cut and I don't think it ever bled as I didn't see any blood, just a tiny bit deep in the cut that was dry.  Anywhere between 16 to 20 hours after the cut, I inserted that finger in the vagina of a woman I did not know at a strip club.  The finger was in for about 2 minutes.  After the act and after remembering about the small cut on the finger, I examined the finger.  There was no blood but the cut area was just a bit reddish.  The skin itself was still split.  I played around with the cut a bit and couldn't squeeze out any blood or puss causing me to assume that the sub layer of skin had closed.

My question is, is it at all possible that I could have put myself at risk for HIV or any other STD for that matter and would it be wise to see a doctor?

Based on what I've read to date:
- there are no known cases of anyone ever contracting HIV through a cut on the finger and vaginal contact
- without the cut bleeding, it would be impossible for the virus to enter the blood stream
- even if the cut was deep enough and there were small skin lacerations within the cut, that would not be enough of an opening to allow a sufficient amount of the virus to enter the blood stream and cause infection

While all that sounds right to me, I was still able to find several sites and even doctors (or people posing as them) that said there is still a chance that infection could occur even though that chance is probably less than 1%.

I'm hoping to get a more definitive answer here.  Please help.
if u were not bleeded you are 101% hiv negative and safe.
No need to tested .
Take a beer and enjoy .you never had a risk . Forget it . It was abad dream and a bad time of your life . Jet set go baby
At no time were you at risk of contracting HIV from fingering blood or not.