HIV Prevention Community
HIV from a toothbrush?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV from a toothbrush?

I am really scared.  I may have used a toothbrush that someone with hiv used (i am not positive that i used their toothbrush) and about 5 days later i got a canker sore.  it has been almost 2 weeks.  is this a high risk?  i am really nervous and i'm not sure if i am experiencing anxiety or if these are real symptoms.
Thanks a lot for responding.  I appreciate it.  I'm sorry if I upset you.
Please don't be sorry, yes, you upset me cuz you weren't listening to us, we know what we are talking about......Please don't reject the help provided to you because of your irrational fears, it won't help you, believe me, YOU HAD NO RISK :)
Now, cheer up and move on
Not a chance.  HiV is not transmitted through saliva.  What makes you think a canker sore 5 days after has anything to do with anything?
What???
You've read it....Stop it

You are not listening to us, HIV CAN'T BE TRANSMITTED THAT WAY.....what a pity you are not even aware of basic sex education

YOU DON'T REQUIRE ANY TESTING

If you wanna confirm the same shell out 15 bucks outta ya pocket and ask the Dr.here or else go consult with your GP but that would be waste of time and money since the end opinion won't change
i guess i am just nervous because i have read that is possible.  i am so nervous that i think i am making myself feel like i have symptoms which i know is possible.  should i get tested?
HIV through this incidence is just not possible

Like sparkeler told you HIV can't be transmitted through saliva cuz saliva contains sugar proteins which eliminates the virus

secondly, I'm sure the other guy must have washed the brush with water after using and then you used it, please take some time and learn about HIV and it's transmission cuz it's essential to know
what happened to the post from th Dr I was waiting for one of the experts to chime in