HIV from oral sex?
I'm going crazy! I received unprotected oral sex and I did an HIV antibody test post "possible exposure." I'm happy to say it was negative. Unfortunately, I did contract herpes. What worries me is that, should I test again for HIV, since I did contract herpes from the exposure? The person I was with said that they are negative for HIV and other std's. Can I get HIV from oral sex? There were no sores present at the time, and I did only receive oral sex. Please help me. I'm going crazy.
You never had an exposure and didn't need testing.
I tested 7 1/2 weeks after I received oral. Do you think I'm ok with that? I'm so paranoid about it. I've read that the antibody test can detect HIV antibodies in 20 days.
What part of you never had an exposure is it you can't comprehend?
Sorry! I'm just do worried and anxious. Not sure if you ever have gone through something like this, but it is very stressful and it breaks you up into pieces on the inside.
Saliva is not infectious as far as HIV is concerned. You have no HIV worries.
Thanks for the info. I've read so many different things on the Internet, and I hear conflicting information. I hear there is and isn't a risk. It drives me crazy, and makes me so anxious, to the point that I can't eat or sleep.
Stop reading the BS then and read the facts.You had no risk and any website that said you did is dreaming.
FROM THE HIV EXPERTS HERE AT MEDHELP:

"As you know from other posts about oral sex, our stance is that giving or receiving oral sex is not a risk for HIV.  Some others suggest that there is an appreciable risk of HIV from oral sex however, there are no convincing scientific reports which support these statements.  The presence of a burn in your mouth, or a sore, or ingestion of blood does not change this.  Still no risk an no reason for testing."  DR HOOK

"As far as HIV is concerned, there is no known risk of getting HIV from performing oral sex on an infected partner, even if that person's genital secretions get into your eyes or if you swallow"  DR HOOK

There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex.  The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way.  Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk".  There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANDSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex.  Please educate yourself about the real risks.  If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. "   DR HANDSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who belive that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..."   DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?  
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA

The observation on thousand and thousand of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort).  DR. HOOK

"With regard to the question you ask, I will repeat, as I’ve said more times than I can think- there are NO credible cases in which persons have acquired HIV through performance of oral sex- none!!.  The chance that you will be the first is ridiculously low.  You are more likely to be hit by lightening while reading my reply to you. DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by masturbation, through oral sex, through kissing or other casual contact." DR HOOK

"There is no credible evidence that HIV is spread through oral sex, with or without the presence of cuts or blood in the persons mouth."- DR HOOK

"Oral sex. there is no evidence that HIV is spread through giving or receiving oral sex"- DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread through oral sex."  DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread through giving or receiving oral sex"   DR HOOK
It's hard not to. Especially, when I'm feeling not myself and thinking the worst.
teak & lizzie is an expert... you must believe what they said
if you won't believe they. up to you...
but what i know you can harm yourself because stress & anxienty..
enjoy you life from now because you never had an exposure..
You're right about stress and anxiety making me sick. I haven't slept in days and I've been feeling dizzy and light headed. I'm guessing because I'm stressing myself out. I don't know why I do this to myself.
It's fear that has created such anxiety but it's not justified because the majority of HIV specialsts will tell you that oral sex is not a mode of HIV transmission under any circumstance.Saliva will always neutralize the virus not matter what.Start sleeping again because you don't have HIV.
I finally got some sleep last night. Although, I've been feeling dizzy and have had diarrhea, on and off, for about two weeks. I hope it's something not that serious.
Is it absolute that HIV cannot be transfered through oral sex of is it based on the immune system of a person? does a person with low immune system especially with oral cavity still not at risk of infection?
Is it absolute that HIV cannot be transfered through oral sex or is it depend on the immune system of a person? does a person with low immune system especially with oral cavity still not at risk of infection?
HIV is not transmitted by oral sex, period.
Why does the CDC say that there is a risk? Aren't all the guidelines provided by the CDC?
Because the CDC is ultra conservative.  You will always see varying advice when it comes to oral sex.  We've given you our assessment, you are not obligated to accept it.  We're not going to keep going round and round with you about it.

Time to move along, you don't have an HIV concern.