HIV in Italy?
Anyone know the HIV rate or prevalence in Italy?
I am from Italy and I believe there are about 1700 new AIDS cases a year. At least half of them are still between IV drug users sharing needles. I guess MSM are at risk as well but not nearly as much as in the US on a percentage rate. Heterosexually is extremely rare unless one of the other risks is involved. I would assume a good amount of cases are also among immigrants from Africa. But Why?

And, have you not tested yet?

I have just tested negative 4 months and 3 weeks after a low risk esposure in the US with a white girl I believe is hiding something from me (protected sex and unprotected oral sex as a receiver). However, my tongue/mouth burning symptoms persist for the last 2 months. Also I have been taking Nasonex daily since around the day of the event so I wonder if it could possibly be responsible for a delay in anti-body productions because it's a corticosteroid. Anybody can tell me if I should test again at 6 months?
Yeah I have actually seen that, but then again that site Dr. Bob has also stated that such a thing can be caused strictly by anxiety or any other number of reasons, so hopefully that's the case.  I really just want to go back to Siena to find out from the guy! Crazy really I know and I wont actually do that as I have a Dr. appt coming up.
I recall you having the same tongue/mouth burning sensation I have been experiencing. My internet hyphocondria drove me to this page

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Oral/Archive/Symptoms/Q76872.html
so I am still very scared despite the negative tes
No you are definitely fine after 4 months! rest assured.  I was curious because I had a really low risk exposure in Siena Italy, just was wondering what the prevalence was there anyway, I assumed it was fairly low as compared to some countries but I wanted to see if anyone knew.  I have an appointment to test finally made.
o_g
Can I ask you a question pertaining to SW's in Italy? What I know is that brothels are illegal in Italy so the SW's generally stand on the street to get picked up and cops have complete knowledge about it. I have also heard that they carry some papers along with them which are required in case police checks them. Do you have any information regarding what exactly is mentioned in those papers..... Thanks
Just that they are legally allowed in the country (which usually they are not), but their "profession" is illegal by any mean. They definetely don't pay taxes or are required to be medically checked so those papers wouldn't be about that. That's why is a risky thing when they are from Africa. The eastern european ones I am not sure about...
Will you let me know the outcome? So hopefully we'll know for sure the symptom is just anxiety