HIV Prevention Community
HIV infected fork!?!

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV infected fork!?!

I know that sharing of utensils can never transmit HIV and this question is not about that. What happened was I was eating in a cafeteria that had very crowded seats. As a guy was squeezing his way pass me into his seat, I accidentally poked his buttocks with my metal fork. This caused the fork to fall out of my hand and the sharp end hit my thigh before it fell to the ground. I did not purposely stab him with the fork and it was an accident that occurred after I swung my hand holding the fork to the side while talking enthusiastically. It did not occur to me at that moment but I am now getting more worried as I think about it. If I had indeed poked him hard enough to draw blood, and the fork scratched my thigh immediately after it fell from my hand, is this a cause of concern for HIV / Hepatitis C or any other STD? Do I need to get tested?
Absolutely zero risk,,,, you do not need any kind of test. HIV does not spread that way
Thanks for your answer. Just to clarify, so you are saying that even if I had poked the guy hard enough to draw blood, and the fork with blood has fallen onto my thigh with enough force to break my skin and draw blood as well, it is still zero risk?
Sorry, forgot to add that the fork fell immediately onto my thigh after i poked the guy.
still ZERO risk
Okay so I was cleaning out a bedroom and got poked by a tattoo multi needle...This needle is at least a month old ....Do I need to worry about getting tested
sry I did not mean to post on a different persons post