HIV Prevention Community
HIV or Just Crazy

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV or Just Crazy

Hello, the other day I was driving and saw a homeless guy with a sign.  I drove on by and felt that I should stop and help the fellow out.  I turned around, went back, and folded up a five dollar bill and gave it to him.  He didn't see appreciative and just said "thanks".  He seemed for a lack of better description, homeless. He was sweaty and just looked sick. I remember thinking his hand was wet when he took the money.  I am a bit of a germaphob but anyhow, just kept driving afterwards.  I went home and washed my hands thoroughly.  I went on to talk with my wife about this event.  I was out getting some wine to enjoy that evening with my wife.  After discussing this with her for a little while, I opened the bottle of wine and poured a glass for the both of us.  I then started to drink from the glass and noticed that my finger was cut, on the first knuckle on the inside top of the finger.  I was the same hand that I used to give this guy the money.  I freaked out and said, did this guy cut me?  My wife thinks I am crazy, but I couldn't remember getting cut by opening the wine either.  So, then, a couple days later, I end up dizzy, with stomach pain and almost diarrhea.  I feel tired of course and a little achy, but nothing major that is stopping me from life.  The cut itself looks to be like a thin cut that you would get from a razor or a piece of metal.  Could be really anything.  So, in the end, is it possible this guy cut me when handing him the money?  Now that I am writing this, it all sounds crazy like my wife say... but I hate this feeling of worry and hope that you will have a professional opinion of what I should do and if it is even possible for him to do this without me knowing.  And, I didn't notice any blood on the finger when I washed my hands... but i wasn't really looking either.  thank you for any support you may provide.  
Listen to your wife, No risk "even if".