HIV Prevention Community
HIV oral no protection

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV oral no protection

Dear Doctor,
I am from the Philippines,30yr old male.have a wife 2 kid.1 is 7yr and other is 4mon.old who still nurses at my wife.My question is this.Couple day ago i had sex with a prostitue.1st she gave me an oral till I ejaculated inside her mouth.That was with out condoms.I also did put my finger inside her vagina for a couple of min.My finger has no cuts,but have a little abrasions with I think is already dry.It the kind of the skin peel near the nails.She has no blood wath so ever.Then we had a protected sex she was on top of me.The after that I wash my body and even checked the condom if it has no leak by putting water.Please do tell me what are my chance and some advice in living with my family.I can abstain with my wife.I will have to wait 3 mons. to have an accurate hiv test her in the philippines.thank you so much.If its not to much to ask pls email me a lot of advice on how I can protect my family if they are living with me.
  • HIV from oral (2 replies):
    Is it likely to get hiv from oral sex
  • oral sex risk (4 replies):
    hi a massage parlor lady gave me unprotected blowjob , s...[more]
  • scared (3 replies):
    29th July, i had a sex with a prostitute.it was a oral s...[more]
  • oral sex on a women (4 replies):
    can I contract HIV from preforming oral sex on a women, ...[more]
  • oral sex (3 replies):
    has anyone ever been infected from recieving oral sex?
You never had a risk of contracting HIV.
Dear Teak,

Sir are you certain that I had no risk?Ive read articles that are saying oral sex also posses a risk in HIV transmission.Im dying of waitng for 3 months to get my HIV test.And also do you think it would be ok if I would take it at an earlier than 3 months?Thank you
"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex.  Please educate yourself about the real risks.  If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. "   DR HANSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who belive that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..."   DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?  
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA

"The observation on thousand and thousand of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort)."  DR HOOK
Dear Teak,

Thank you for your answer.How about when i put my finger

"I also did put my finger inside her vagina for a couple of min.My finger has no cuts,but have a little abrasions with I think is already dry.It the kind of the skin peel near the nails"

Lets say I was wrong about that the skin peel is not dry?Im very desperate for the protection of my family.I hope you understand thank you.
The answers are not going to change, you did not have a risk.
thank you for your answer.I realIy need that re assurance.No one to ask here in the Philippines.HIV/AIDS help group just tells me that I have a risk which they cannot tell how.All they tell me is anybody engages in un protected oral,vaginal and anal sex you have a risk.Thats why Im so afraid.This is the 1st time that I did it with someone else.I not gonna do it again.Thanks ang God bless
Dear Teak,

2days ago I felt a lymph node at my neck near the back of my ear it seems to be swollen after a day I felt another 1 in the same region of my neck sligthly lower than the other one.Im getting scared ive read somethings about swollen lymph nodes associated with HIV.Pls respond thank you