HIV Prevention Community
HIV risk after unprotected sex

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV risk after unprotected sex

I'm like most of the people here in the forum making a freaking stupid move. I had an unprotected sex with a CSW at Jakarta and now I'm worry myself to dead. This happen on the 7th December 2012, 3am (1 hour). I did ejaculate inside her. Its have not been 72 hours yet. Please reply ASAP, Thank you.

Please advise what should I do?
Should I take PEP?
What test should I do?
nPEP is up to you and the doctor and if taken you require an HIV test 3 months after your last dose of nPEP.
Hi RainLover71,

But even if I do not take PEP, I still have to go for a HIV test 3 months right? I have not yet go to the clinic, but I knew there is risk, I do not want to take the risk of infection anyone in my life, especially my love one.
Yes you still need an HIV test at 3 months post exposure.
I am wondering if any doctor here are able to give me an advice whether or not I need an PEP as I am still have not yet reach a 72 hours possible exposure.

Hi Teak,

I will definitely go for a test after 3 months, I do not want to take any risk here to infect my love one. Thanks you Teak for commenting.

I also would like to know more of my chances. I know that It had been posted so many times on the forum, but I still hope to get an comment regarding this on my post from an expert.
take npep as soon as possible