HIV Prevention Community
HIV risk cut with plaster? The anxiety is unbearable

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Hi, i recently slept with a female escort she said she had no STI's and taken tests. it's just that i had a cut that was 4 days old which i put a plaster over which was 5 inches away my penis. So i had protected oral/handjob with hugging/cuddling.

I took the plaster off two days later seeing that there were alot of scratches slightly bleeding or at least really irritated. think this was caused by chaffing of my belt/clothes. (these cuts fully healed two days later)

what do you think the HIV risk is in this scenario? were these scratches there when i was with if if so what if these cuts touched her? maybe she was bleeding i didnt see she was?

i asked my doctor who said a very very small chance if i keep asking he will get me counselling, which i dont want. he says its an anxiety thing. any advice would help a ton.
No it is not possible.
It was smaller than small, it wasn't a risk at all.

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Thank you for your response, but what if my wound touched a wound/ vaginal secretions she had, i dont recall this but it is a possibility?
No it is not possible.