HIV risk from possible semen exposure while changing condom
Hi I'm a heterosexual woman who recently had protected intercourse with an old school mate who's status is unknown. After the first protected round of sex, he ejaculated, pulled out with condom still on and we shared conversation for about 20 while he still wore the condom. After a while we decided to have sex again so he got up, pulled the condom off and replaced it with a fresh one. My question is, while replacing the first condom what is the risk of HIV if there was any semen from the previous condom possibly ending up on the surface of the new one? Since he didn't properly wipe the excess semen off from the previous condom. I maybe overreacting but it's been on my mind.. Thank you in advance..
Even if some semen did get on the second condom, it would still pose no risk to you as the virus would have been exposed to air and rendered inactive before penetration ((assuming he was positive)). Transmission only occurs inside the body. You have nothing to worry about.
Thank you. I try to be careful but suffer from a case of the "what ifs".. Would the semen have deactivate while still in the first condom? He wore it for about a good 20 minutes before changing it.
All you need to know is that even if the outer surface of the second condom came into contact with his semen, it wouldn't have posed a risk. The air would have rendered it inactive and unable to infect.
You are safe. If you'd had the slightest risk we would tell you. You don't need to worry, and don't try to analyze the situation.
Thank you so much :)