HIV Prevention Community
HIV symptoms?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV symptoms?

In mid september I had unprotected insertive sex with a girl I met in a bar in thailand. The next day I had a painful groin on the right side and though I may have contracted an STD. Since returning from holiday I have had numerous symptoms such as a cold, sore throat, dull groin pain both sides, muscle aches in my calves and hamstrings in both legs, shooting pains in my arms and armpits and soreness in the neck. I went to the GP and he could not locate anything wrong with my groin area or swollen nodes and put it down to a 'virus' or possible fatigue from the long haul flight. I also tested negative for all STDS 4 weeks post exposure, with an appointment at 13 weeks for the last blood test but my stress levels over this exposure are through the roof. As you can imagine these symptoms that have persisted for 10 weeks are making me worried I may have contracted an STD, with all symptoms pointing to HIV. Could my instant next day groin pain and subsequent 'symptoms' be down to anxiety? Any helpful response would be much appreciated.
Symptoms or lack of will not tell you anything about your status. The only way to know your status is by testing. You can obtain your conclusive negative test result 3 months post exposure.
Thanks for your reply. I waited it out and got tested at the 3 month mark at my local clinic. Thankfully it all came back negative. However i'm still having pains in my calves/groin and bloodshot eyes. It's frustrating as these symptoms only came after this exposure so it's hard not to link the two. Could it be down to stress?
those are NOT symptoms of infection.

yes...stress can cause very real physical symptoms to occur.

your test proves...WITHOUT A DOUBT...that you dont have hiv.