HIV Prevention Community
HIV symptons

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV symptons

Hi Doctors,

I am Male, 28years.Staying in Colombia Bogota.
Unfortunately I made a great mistake on 19th May,2012 by doing unprotected sex with a Pros in one of the Night Clubs for around 5 mins.This is the first time for me to do unprotected sex.

Next day from afternoon I am having fever which is around 37 degree C. It is now last for 2 days and till having. Other than this I feel no other problem with me.

Could anyone please let me know the possibility of being infected with HIV after that interaction. Also as per my study in medhelp, experts says less possibility of infected HIV with one unprotected sex (much lesser to be infected from a women)

So can this symptom is a worrying things for me. Please help me.
I would take an HIV DUO test at 4 weeks and then follow up at 3 months for a final test.The rest is not important.All the best.
Thanks for the update. But could you please let me know, whether the symptoms is really for worrying.
No,I wouldn't worry about the symptoms I would focus on getting tested.
Thanks again. That means, symptoms are not really important or my symptom is not bothering you with the HIV infection probabilities. I will definitely go for the test but this fever is bothering me. I am bit nervous but still wants to clarify with this symptoms.
You are not experiencing classic ARS symptoms if that's what you are suggesting.
I am only wanted to know, whether this fever which has been there for 2 days after the sex is actually a worrying notification?

Thanks for your reply.
No,thats not an ARS fever.Just test.
Have an HIV question?
100,000+ doctor answers