HIV test accuracy and time window
I had unprotected sex with a girl about 9 days ago and i have a test for HIV 7-8 days afterwards, ive been having symtons a few days after fever constant tierdness, swollen lymph nodes in groin and neck hard breathing lots of mucus, Neusea cant focus on stuff with my eyes. Also getting memory loss not being able to focus unlike normal and depression. some of this could be due to stress but somthing just feels wrong unlike when im normally ill this thing seems to be lingering.

i did a HIV test about 7-8 days after the incident and came out negative but what are the chances the test was accurate it was in thailand and i will try get into on the exact test but assume its not the top one probably an antibody test. What are the chances of the results being right / wrong 7-8 days after exposure ???
if your exposure unproteced vaginal / anal sex, you are at risk of hiv, you can test earliest at 6 weeks after exposure for your indication for your conclusive result at 3 months

symptoms are used for diagnose hiv
The test you had was far to early to gain a conclusive result.You need to have a test at 6 weeks to receive a good indication as to your status.If you can take a p24combi test that looks for both p24antigen and antibodies.Then follow up again at the 3 month mark for a conclusive result.It,s a waiting game from here on in.All the best.Symptoms don,t diagnose hiv,a test taken at the right time does.
OK i know it was too early but what is the accuarcy at this time

i read that at like 4 weeks its like 96% after 3 months 99.6%

what is it at 7/8 days (i think 8) like 70% would really help to know having panic attacks cant sleep feel the worst i have in my life
odds don,t play a part when you test at 8 days this isn,t a horse track.We stick to the facts here and they are that until 28 days there is no way to give you any accurate figure.At 6 weeks with a p24combi test you will receive a result that is around 99% accurate and at 3 months you will receive a 100% accurate and conclusive result.Now there the facts,it,s up to you if you except them or not.
28 days won't give you an accurate figure. The only test that matters is your 3 month post exposure test.
i know how u feel .looking for percentage to ease urself. But i think no body dare to tell u its 90 percent or less cos some ppl produce antibodies later. So find some one to talk to. I m waiting too.
i iam realy in trouble and intended to have wife through few days please rply with no more suspection?

hi dear doctors i am physical therapist and i don't know about hiv more than info that posted all over the internet
my
q:-
i had  sexual unprotected sexual intercourse with   female vaginal intercourse for just 5 mins  in 8-jan-2-11 and from this time i have boils over chest around brests numberd as 6 boils symitrical sides and  then  in 2-4-2011 i have ag-ab hiv test which was neg (-)
and i am not trust that i am free from this hiv virus
is this period is trusted??
please help

more q what about the window period here?
3 months post exposure is RELIABLE and CONCLUSIVE
although window period may be 12 weeks??
some tell that  6 months and other say more that is that right or just out of  date info?
and what about big boils that i have suffuring from is it realated to hiv exposure to hiv virus????
pleaseeeeeeeee anser all my qs plz
3 months post exposure is when you can obtain a conclusive negative test result.