HIV test done, still worried?
I recently took an at home HIV exam, OraQuick to be exact using the oral swab. The result came out to be negative, however, my question is I was under prescribed medication when I took the test. Would that in any way affect the results of the exam? I still feel sick with body tingles and soreness and burning/watery eyes along with occasional headaches. I had a sore throat but that is gone, and today I went to the doctor and they took blood work and I should be expecting the results of that in a few weeks. Mind you I have not been active in months, and have not had anal sex in 7 months. Point is should I rely on the OraQuick results and know for sure that I am negative? I freak myself out and don't take these thing lightly considering I am a gay man!
Oraquick are reliable, your test was conclusive. You do not have HIV. If you feel unwell see your doctor it has nothing to do with HIV.