HIV Prevention Community
HIV test done, still worried?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV test done, still worried?

I recently took an at home HIV exam, OraQuick to be exact using the oral swab. The result came out to be negative, however, my question is I was under prescribed medication when I took the test. Would that in any way affect the results of the exam? I still feel sick with body tingles and soreness and burning/watery eyes along with occasional headaches. I had a sore throat but that is gone, and today I went to the doctor and they took blood work and I should be expecting the results of that in a few weeks. Mind you I have not been active in months, and have not had anal sex in 7 months. Point is should I rely on the OraQuick results and know for sure that I am negative? I freak myself out and don't take these thing lightly considering I am a gay man!
Oraquick are reliable, your test was conclusive. You do not have HIV. If you feel unwell see your doctor it has nothing to do with HIV.