HIV Prevention Community
HIV test done, still worried?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV test done, still worried?

I recently took an at home HIV exam, OraQuick to be exact using the oral swab. The result came out to be negative, however, my question is I was under prescribed medication when I took the test. Would that in any way affect the results of the exam? I still feel sick with body tingles and soreness and burning/watery eyes along with occasional headaches. I had a sore throat but that is gone, and today I went to the doctor and they took blood work and I should be expecting the results of that in a few weeks. Mind you I have not been active in months, and have not had anal sex in 7 months. Point is should I rely on the OraQuick results and know for sure that I am negative? I freak myself out and don't take these thing lightly considering I am a gay man!
Oraquick are reliable, your test was conclusive. You do not have HIV. If you feel unwell see your doctor it has nothing to do with HIV.