HIV Prevention Community
HIV test in Mexico

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV test in Mexico

Hi people, first of all i want to say im from Mexico, Healthy 25 years old male and I am recurring to this place because the advices here in Mexico, both, from government and from doctors, are way to old (you know, wait 6 months for an hiv test, etc, and i just can’t wait no longer),. and also i want to apologies from my bad English, so lest start with my case, ill appreciate any comment.

11 weeks ago i had unprotected sex with a sexworker, i was way to drunk to realize what was happening until i got in my senses and tell her to stop and go away. i think i had sex with her for no more than 8 min,. the next day from the incident i went to talk to the girl and she told me that i shouldnt be worried, she gets checked every 3 months for every STD, i want to believe her but i know how Mexico runs and i find it a little to good to be true.

4 weeks after the incident i just couldn’t wait no more,. my anxiety was killing me, i read in this site that most of the people have detectable antibodies by the 25day, so i went to a clinic and had an hiv test, it was a elisa by chemiluminescence (i think this are 3rd gen), it came back negative,..

Since the incident i haven’t had any symptoms, besides extreme stress,. until this last weekend (10.5 weeks from the incident) Friday i started with a sore throat and flu symptoms (still got them), i had and allergic reaction on Saturday night, my face and hands became swollen and reddish,. i took anti-alergyc medicine and got well about in an hour,. i haven’t had high fever or swollen lymph nodes that im was a wear of,..

so my questions are,..

Should i wait until the 6 month mark as my doctors say and get and elisa?
Should i have an elisa at the 12 week mark and forget about the incident?
Because i can’t wait no more, if i get an elisa this week (11th) is reliable?
My symptoms are way to little and way to far from the infecsious period to be ARS?
This sickness (symptoms) can alter my elisa?

I have also read that getting HIV in a single exposure it´s hard, but like people in my same shoes, im worried sick,.

Regards....

also, my elisa at the 4th week ment nothing? or its a good start?
Hey man, I know we shouldnt worry but cant help it. Its true, 97% of people develop antibodies within the first 3 months. Go get tested at 6 weeks and if you want again at 12 weeks for it to be conclusive but a negative at 6 weeks will probably not change. Also test for all other stds just in case. A test past 3 months is not necessary. Pray for me and I will pray for you man. Thank You. And yes the chance from a woman to a man is very low, but not impossible, never put yourself in that situation again. Take care and good health!
anyone else that wants to add a comment?
My friend you have waited 80days whats another 4 days waiting going to hurt.Make it official and test at 12 weeks exactly,that way you will feel more secure and have that 100% conclusion.
Your wrong, 100% of people will develop antibodies by 3 months.98% by 6 weeks.