HIV Prevention Community
HIV testing 60 or 90 days after possible exposure?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Dear Sir, I had mutual fellatio at the beginning of April with a guy I didn't know. Neither of us ejaculated in mouth. 3 weeks later I was diagnosed with epididymitis by having an ultrasound examination and was treated with antibiotics. The symptoms returned 1 month after and I decided to test for STDs at an STD clinic. They tested me for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis and HIV. The test results were negative on all accounts. Later I returned to my own doctor and had another ultrasound examinaton to find out that I still had epididymitis. Apart from testicular pain symptoms also include ache in joints, back and chest. Generally I feel tired and sickly.

My question then is whether the HIV test I had after 60 days after possible exposure reliable or should I actually have another one after one month to be sure?

Thankful for any advice!

The situation you provided requires no testing. You were never at risk.