HIV Prevention Community
HIV testing in india.

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV testing in india.

Hello there.Few weeks ago i had my HIV test done in some private laboratery in India.As not an Indian citizen i am not aware about the HIV tests and accuracy of result here.I told them to have done my HIV antibodies test and they took my blood from my forearm vein into an syringe and ask me to come back after an hour to collect the result and it came back -ve.Now i wanna know that what kind of test was that as i have heared that in rapid test they take sample of saliva from mouth which is a rapid test.But what kind of test was that?was that rapid HIV test or what?shld i rely on test result and how much accurate are these tests in india?
Contact the lab where you tested if you want to know what test they used.