HIV Prevention Community
HIV testing windows - 5 weeks and beyond

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

There is a lot of information out on the internet about HIV windows, but it can be confusing what to believe. This is unfortunate since my mental health is residing on some peace of mind regarding my HIV status. Many specialists will say that at 6 weeks new HIV tests will be conclusive, whereas other doctors will stick with the conservative 12 weeks. So I have three questions that I would really much appreciate answers to.
I live in Thailand and I have been tested many times for HIV, mostly due to anxiety, although testing has been somewhat-warranted in three of the past six times I have gone.
Currently, I've been worrying about a night where there may have been a small chance I slept with someone and don't remember it. I'm living in Thailand and about to go on a vacation to Laos at the end of this week, I feel like I wont be able to enjoy my vacation unless I put this matter to rest.
So, question 1: I will be going to get tested with an HIV test in which blood is drawn from my arm and I receive the results in an hour - is this a rapid HIV test?
Question 2: With this type of test, can I consider my results conclusive at 37.5 days post-(possible)-exposure? I read one doctor on another forum assure someone else that their test at 40 days was conclusive.
Question 3: As well, I've read that with modern tests no one has ever received a positive result after a 6 week negative, is this true for 5 week tests as well?
There are no tests marketed or sold to give a conclusive negative test earlier than 3 months post exposure.