HIV Prevention Community
HIV testing

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV testing

I recently had an HIV test done in Indonesia and being uneducated at the time i simply took the test at face value; positive you have it, Negative you don't. since then i have realized i took the test too early, about 25 days after my last sexual encounter. The result was Negative, can i take any peace of mind from this?
Furthermore, i don't know what kind of test it was. they took urine, blood, and a smear. (i was being checked for everything) all results came back negative. Can i be reasonably assured they were using a proper testing method? My concern is that some 3rd world hospitals may only check for AIDS rather than HIV.
" My concern is that some 3rd world hospitals may only check for AIDS rather than HIV."

huh?
yes this is my concern. i really don't know too much about testing procedures and because i didn't know better than to ask at the time, i thought it would be a good idea to see what you thought.
ROFL, AIDS is HIV.
Thanks, i was worried that there may have been some outdated test still in use in some parts of the world that was only able to test for full blown aids rather than the early stages of HIV. So i can assume that international testing standards are more or less equal?
furthermore, i am getting tested again via the home test kit, but can i take any peace of mind from a test that was taken 25 days after my last possible exposure?
There is so such test for AIDS. AIDS is just a progression of HIV.
It states on the paperwork that comes with the Home Access test when a test is conclusive.
Thanks a lot. as for the 25 day test offering any quantifiable results or probabilities?
3 months post exposure is conclusive for unprotected anal and vaginal sex.