HIV Prevention Community
HIV testing
About This Community:

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HIV testing

Dear Sir

I had sex with a prositute with condome and after that i observed a discomfort while passing the urine and then i went for urine testing and it gave the result "Klebsiella pneumoniae" and doctor gave me a single dose tablet for that.

Then I went for HIV DNA PCR test ( 57days after the exposure ). it came negative.

After 3 months I went for Elisa test it came negative.

And after one and half year i went again for Elisa test.It came negatvie.

Now is it necessary to go for HIV test again ?

Still I am worrying about this

And what is that "Klebsiella pneumoniae" ??

Waiting for your reply

Thanks
Bob

Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
219662_tn?1223862160
Bob, you don't need to test for HIV again.  Klebsiella is an unrelated bacterial infection.  If you can't stop worrying about HIV, visit a psychiatrist.
Blank
Hi

Till now i am thinking that I got this "Klebsiella pneumoniae" from prostitue.

Is it a STD desease ?

Thanks
Bob
Blank
219662_tn?1223862160
Klebsiella is not classified as a STD, although it possibly can be transmitted sexually.  I highly doubt that you got it from protected sex.  But I know almost nothing about Klebsiella and this is not a Kleb forum, sorry.  Ask your doctor or take it to another forum.
Blank
After that incident only i had the symptoms of urgent urination and pain.Doctor told me that may be its due to broken condome.Leaving this Am I safe now with all the above test of HIV ?

Blank
You tested negative at 3 months. You do not have HIV. I'm sure the doctor told you that everyone has Klebsiella in their large intestines. You're concern has nothing to do with HIV or STDs.
Blank
hi, i had anal sex with a prostitut 2 days a go with condom for about 10min. right afer the nex penetration the condom brok and i went out right way not even 2 second i washed my penis with hot water, but now i'm very scared, please can you tel me if i'm risk of contracting hiv, pleas help me  thanks.
Blank
I doubt that you were at risk but you need to test not only for HIV but for other STDs at well. Testing is the only way you know your status.
Blank
how long should i wait to go for the std  testing.
how long does the symptoms showing, for herpe,ghonoria,chlamedia,siphilis,ets...... please help me i'm very scarded it been 16 days after the inccident.
Blank
Gonorrhea/chlamydia will show up on tests 3-7 days after exposure, if you do amplification testing.

For syphilis, I'd wait about a month for definite results.

For HIV, get tested around the 6 week mark, and take another test around the 12-13 week mar.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank