HIV Prevention Community
HIV through receiving anilingus and fellatio by a tobacco consumer

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I just received fellatio and anilingus from a sex worker who happened to be a tobacco consumer and had bat teeth. what is the risk of transmission if she were to be positive? thank you
zero...oral sex does not transmit hiv.
thanx for the help. just wanted to tell u i got it 3 times and so do i have to get tested after 12 weeks. or can i just rest assures nothing will happen? thank you. one more thing if you dont mind i have people telling me that this could be a risk factor and my mind is full of doubt pls let me know if i need testing or not. i believe you are a doctor or a specialist on this subject or the right person who can help save a life and i thank you for ur help.
oral sex does not transmit hiv.
In addition her gums looked tender and not healthy either but they were'nt bleeding. no more questions thank u
Dear Teak, I get it so i dont need any testing and i can get back to my day to day life. and leave this behind forever. is that  what you mean. thank you.
kindly move on...you have been told that you were never at risk...no reason to keep asking the same questions.
Oral sex (mouth-penis, mouth-vagina): The risk from oral sex is very minimal as the mouth is an inhospitable environment for HIV, for several reasons. Saliva contains enzymes that break down the virus; also, the skin of the mouth is sturdier than in the anus or vagina. There are, however, a few documented cases where it appears that HIV was transmitted orally. These cases are all attributed to ejaculation in the mouth (i.e., exposure to semen, not exposure to vaginal fluid or pre-seminal fluid).

this comes from San Francisco Aids Foundation
http://www.sfaf.org/aids101/transmission.html#sex_trans
there has NEVER been a documented and verified case of someone contracting hiv from oral sex only.  the doctors on this site also have stated the same.
Oral sex is NOT a risk of contracting HIV.
i see my case is the other way round. i was the recieving party and she had bad gums hence, is there a possible risk or have there been any documented cases on that? thanx
"a few documented cases where it appears"

The above information comes from self-report surveys. The "documented cases" involved persons who basically claimed to have contracted HIV via oral sex. There is no scientific data to prove these claims. But there is an ABUNDANCE of actual clinical data to disprove them.

As you have been told, repeatedly, oral sex is NOT A RISK for contracting HIV. Period. Be well.

-B
hi its been 2 weeks since my last potential exposure (receiving unprotected fellatio) and i woke up this morning with  a sore throat and some aching muscles. pls let me know if this could be a possible symptom. thanx.
she did have sores in her mouth
You never had an exposure.
you say i never had a risk, then why after 2 weeks from it i am experiencing likely symptoms please? first, the sore throat; its day 2 and it has still not gone, its the second day and i've been sneezing every now and then. i feel a lil itchy too. i checked my temp it was around 99. i feel malaise and have a runny nose and have had chills and have been feeling nauseatic.are u still certain that after all these symptoms i dont have any risk whatsoever . im very worried. a lil detailed explanation will be highly appreciated.
PS- please let me know if i should get tested at 3 months or not. thank u very much.
· Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
* After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
* Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
* Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.