HIV Prevention Community
HIV transmission

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV transmission

Dear all,

I went in to a oil massage a week ago in Hong Kong.
The massage lady offer me a hand job which I refused.
She strongly massaged my groin and buttocks-did not finger the anus.
But a day before I did a 20 Km cycling and I had very sore lower buttocks (saddle sore)
I did not see any blood when I checked but there was big pain which lead me to think skin was slightly damaged.
If the massage lady was HIV positive and if she had any wound in her hand, can I get the infection through this massage event? (if the blood is mixed with oil)
Do I need to check?
I just though to ask this question as my wife is already pregnant and do not want to put her life and our baby's life in danger.

You never had an HIV risk-- work on the guilt factor.
Thanks for the answer,

but if any contaminated blood came in to contact with cuts/sores in the lower buttocks will that cause HIV transmission?
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug abusers
Mother to child
but, have you ever seen somebody get infected that way, such as virus move through fresh cut due act like rubbing?

I thought it is same as transmission through IVs...

No and had we, we wouldn't have said it wasn't a risk.  How could you think it was the same as an IV. An IV is not even a comparison. In IV transmission as in IV drug abusers the blood is not exposed to air.