HIV Prevention Community
HIV transmission questions..

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV transmission questions..

"Hello everyone! I have posted here in the past in regards to oral sex, but I actually had a few more questions I would like answers to.
I am currently not "sexually active" - in the sense that I haven't had anal intercourse in 5 months, and for my own mental health, probably will not until I am tested with a new partner. I have however, since my negative hiv results I'm February, participated in oral/mutual masturbation acts with 3 different partners.

1) received/gave oral sex to and from another male, no protection, ejaculation took place both ways.
2) received oral from a different male twice.
3) mutual masturbation - with the presence of small cuts on my fingers (that probably came in contact with another male's semen) and I have also anally stimulated him with my fingers.

Situation 3 has been giving me the most level of anxiety as he has recently (about a month ago) been the insertive partner in anal intercourse since his last test. I am mostly concerned with this individual because of this fact. Can I continue my current sex behaviors and not be worried about Hiv in particular?
Under what circumstances is semen on hands/anal fingering a risk?
Can I be sure (as close to 100% as science can get)
that I did not put myself at risk for HIV?

Thanks in advance."

- I was replied with simply 'you had no risk'.. Which is fine, I am just wondering if someone could ask me why? And of course, any further elaboration would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your time.
HIV from oral sex is not a risk. Cuts are not a risk. Why...because saliva has properties that deactivate the virus. Cuts...because it does not involve deep tissue/muscle or the blood stream.

I would use condoms for oral just for the sake of other STD's.
Thank you for replying.
So I have no reason to be concerned with Hiv/test?
Even if any of these partners were +?
Correct, but all sexually active people are advised to test yearly, unless you have multiple partners then every 6 months.
Okay, thank you. And sorry to be a pest, but I have one more question: If I am not having oral, anal or vaginal inter course, can I still place myself at risk sexually?
And hiv cannot access the bloodstream via semen in contact with superficial cuts on the skin?
No because anal and vaginal sex unprotected is how HIV is tansmitted sexually.
No, blood stream is into the vein, IV drugs
Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I have read and understood your responses, but am still feeling anxious.. Am I being silly?
Yeah, but anxiety can happen.
Sorry to be "beating a dead horse", but just checking. Absolutely NO reason for me to worry?
For HIV no. Not based on the above situations.