HIV Prevention Community
HIV transmission through cuts

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV transmission through cuts

I train in Judo, and 2 weeks ago, while we were doing ground fights, I noticed that I had a very small (2mm) scratch wound that was bearly deep, with almost no bleeding. At first I didn't care about it, but at the end of the fight, I noticed a similar wound on my partner (Also little bleeding). Now, as it is a contact sport, it is possible (even if unlikely) that the two wounds collided for a second or two. I am not sure if it is only paranoia, or if a real risk is there. I would be pleased to hear your feedback!

PS: 1/5 weeks later I got flue, I had some symtoms (symptoms) like wet cough etc.. I do not know if it has any relation with the incident.
Not an HIV concern.