HIV Prevention Community
HIV viral load

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV viral load

hi i would like to know what should be the normal HIV RNA viral load after 15 days of infection.

if the PCR test returned negative < 400 copies / ml, could there be any possibility of infection, supposing that the viral load did not get 400 copies after 15 days

PLz help
Yes, I have an undetectable VL <50 and I do have HIV. PCR RNA tests are not standalone tests they have to be taken with an antibody test.
Hi Teak,

If viral load os <50 or <400, antibodies will be there are not?
what is the relation between HIV virus and antibody?
please clear my doubt.
If you are infected yes. But a PCR RNA test is not an antibody test. So if you have a undetectable vl it does NOT mean you are not infected.
So if VL is less <400, you mean the HIV  virus all are killed by antibodies if infected?

Please clear my doubt.

What is the relation between HIV virus and HIV antibody Please
No, it means the your medication is working and stopping the rapid replication of the virus. It has nothing to do with antibodies.
Hi Teak,
                my question is if no detectable ammount of virus is there by PCR test, antibodies should be there are not? (in case i am in window period)
Please clear my doubt.
Please dont feel like i am disturbing u.
For the above reasons besides cost. PCR tests are are not appoved for diagnostic use. If you had a risk take an Antibody test. Those are the tests that will tell you if you are positive or not.
hi
i just took the PCR test after 15 days at the hospital they say that this test could be done after 8 days of infection, so 15 should be enough, and the body will start making antibodies from 2 weeks to 3 months, so after 15 days the HIV viral load should be high enough to be detected as no enough antibodies yet

does the negative PCR test means no infection after 15 days

thank you for your help
No a negative PCR does not mean no infection.
really

you mean it is possible that the VIrus can still have less than 400 copies/ml in blood after 15 days
they say it makes millions of copies each day

thank you
Did you not read what was posted earlier. Read my very first reply to you.
Hi Teak,
                In case a really infected HIV subject in window period, if fails in Viral load test that is VL not detected, does the antibody test detects the antibody for HIV?
The window is 3 months. That will give one a long enough time for the body to produce enough antibodies for the tests to detect.
Sir, i had sex with unknown ladies without usingcondom, gone for test after 5-6 months, it was negative. My doctor told me to again go for check up after 1 year, Now it shows in report that ANTIBODY TEST FOR HIV - I & II  : NON REACTIVE. Sir, i am feeling weekness in my legs, left knee, Fingers. My friends told me that you work on computer daily 9-10 hours so your fingers may cause this problem. I also have fever some times and people use to say that your body is warm always. Whenever i use coldrinks of cold water i feel some throat problem. Sir, kindly guide me. One thing i noticed now that my wife got some vaginal itching infection, i got some medicine from doctor and it is ok now, but from two-three days white sperm started sweating in day & night also but in diff. of time after taking medicines it is ok now but my wife have weaknes problem now.
Please guide us.
Rajeshwar Yadav