HIV Prevention Community
HIV virus in lubricant

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV virus in lubricant

Hello, I had a encounter with a sex worker where before she put on a condom on my penis she put on some type of clear liquid on  the head of my penis from a small plastic bottle which had no labeling or writing on it. After having sex I started to think that even though the liquid she put on my penis probably was lubricant could  it have been tainted/tempered with the HIV virus on purpose by her. Would it be possible for the virus strain to stay active in that bottle?
No you dont have an hiv concern!

It might be the lubricant used for sex.

Move on!

Good luck!!!!
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.