HIV Prevention Community
HIV

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

HIV

About 5 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a man who claims he is HIV negative. It was one time. Oral was also exchanged on both ends. About 2 weeks after the encounter I had what I thought was a bad yeast infection. I have had them in the past but it wouldn't go away after over the counter treatment. I went into my doctor and discovered I had HSV 1 of the genitals which was transmitted via oral sex or had been laying dormant in my system. I was treated for that with valtrex. About 1 week after that I had severe depression over the incident. My doctor prescribed my Zoloft. 1 week after taking Zoloft I had one night of insane night sweats and thought I was coming down with the flu. After reading up on some symptoms I decided to get tested for everything. I had a CBC, thyroid check, cholesterol, pap smear, chlamydia, gonnarehea, sphylis, hepatitis and HIV. All negative. I read however HIV results are no conclusive after 5 weeks. Now, 1 week after testing I developed folliculitis which I have never even heard of yet have. I am so lost and scared to get tested again. I'm convinced I have HIV. Any advice would be helpful!
A negative HIV result is good at 5 weeks but as you already know that 3 months post--exposure will be conclusive.All the best.
Do you know if there is a connection between folliculitis and HIV?
it's not an ARS symptom.The only way to know is to receive a conclusive result.It's a waiting game now.So far so good.
RainLover is correct in regards to 3 months post exposure results. I would recommend that you get tested A.S.A.P. when you hit the 3 month mark.

There is absolutely no connection between folliculitis and HIV.

You say nothing in your post about previous sex partners besides this one man. Please understand that using a condom is not 100% effective against any STD including HIV.

Good luck and I hope you get some negative results.