HIV
About 5 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a man who claims he is HIV negative. It was one time. Oral was also exchanged on both ends. About 2 weeks after the encounter I had what I thought was a bad yeast infection. I have had them in the past but it wouldn't go away after over the counter treatment. I went into my doctor and discovered I had HSV 1 of the genitals which was transmitted via oral sex or had been laying dormant in my system. I was treated for that with valtrex. About 1 week after that I had severe depression over the incident. My doctor prescribed my Zoloft. 1 week after taking Zoloft I had one night of insane night sweats and thought I was coming down with the flu. After reading up on some symptoms I decided to get tested for everything. I had a CBC, thyroid check, cholesterol, pap smear, chlamydia, gonnarehea, sphylis, hepatitis and HIV. All negative. I read however HIV results are no conclusive after 5 weeks. Now, 1 week after testing I developed folliculitis which I have never even heard of yet have. I am so lost and scared to get tested again. I'm convinced I have HIV. Any advice would be helpful!
A negative HIV result is good at 5 weeks but as you already know that 3 months post--exposure will be conclusive.All the best.
Do you know if there is a connection between folliculitis and HIV?
it's not an ARS symptom.The only way to know is to receive a conclusive result.It's a waiting game now.So far so good.
RainLover is correct in regards to 3 months post exposure results. I would recommend that you get tested A.S.A.P. when you hit the 3 month mark.

There is absolutely no connection between folliculitis and HIV.

You say nothing in your post about previous sex partners besides this one man. Please understand that using a condom is not 100% effective against any STD including HIV.

Good luck and I hope you get some negative results.