HIV
About 5 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a man who claims he is HIV negative. It was one time. Oral was also exchanged on both ends. About 2 weeks after the encounter I had what I thought was a bad yeast infection. I have had them in the past but it wouldn't go away after over the counter treatment. I went into my doctor and discovered I had HSV 1 of the genitals which was transmitted via oral sex or had been laying dormant in my system. I was treated for that with valtrex. About 1 week after that I had severe depression over the incident. My doctor prescribed my Zoloft. 1 week after taking Zoloft I had one night of insane night sweats and thought I was coming down with the flu. After reading up on some symptoms I decided to get tested for everything. I had a CBC, thyroid check, cholesterol, pap smear, chlamydia, gonnarehea, sphylis, hepatitis and HIV. All negative. I read however HIV results are no conclusive after 5 weeks. Now, 1 week after testing I developed folliculitis which I have never even heard of yet have. I am so lost and scared to get tested again. I'm convinced I have HIV. Any advice would be helpful!
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A negative HIV result is good at 5 weeks but as you already know that 3 months post--exposure will be conclusive.All the best.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Do you know if there is a connection between folliculitis and HIV?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
it's not an ARS symptom.The only way to know is to receive a conclusive result.It's a waiting game now.So far so good.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
RainLover is correct in regards to 3 months post exposure results. I would recommend that you get tested A.S.A.P. when you hit the 3 month mark.

There is absolutely no connection between folliculitis and HIV.

You say nothing in your post about previous sex partners besides this one man. Please understand that using a condom is not 100% effective against any STD including HIV.

Good luck and I hope you get some negative results.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources