HIV Prevention Community
HIV
About This Community:

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

HIV

About 5 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a man who claims he is HIV negative. It was one time. Oral was also exchanged on both ends. About 2 weeks after the encounter I had what I thought was a bad yeast infection. I have had them in the past but it wouldn't go away after over the counter treatment. I went into my doctor and discovered I had HSV 1 of the genitals which was transmitted via oral sex or had been laying dormant in my system. I was treated for that with valtrex. About 1 week after that I had severe depression over the incident. My doctor prescribed my Zoloft. 1 week after taking Zoloft I had one night of insane night sweats and thought I was coming down with the flu. After reading up on some symptoms I decided to get tested for everything. I had a CBC, thyroid check, cholesterol, pap smear, chlamydia, gonnarehea, sphylis, hepatitis and HIV. All negative. I read however HIV results are no conclusive after 5 weeks. Now, 1 week after testing I developed folliculitis which I have never even heard of yet have. I am so lost and scared to get tested again. I'm convinced I have HIV. Any advice would be helpful!
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
A negative HIV result is good at 5 weeks but as you already know that 3 months post--exposure will be conclusive.All the best.
Blank
Do you know if there is a connection between folliculitis and HIV?
Blank
it's not an ARS symptom.The only way to know is to receive a conclusive result.It's a waiting game now.So far so good.
Blank
RainLover is correct in regards to 3 months post exposure results. I would recommend that you get tested A.S.A.P. when you hit the 3 month mark.

There is absolutely no connection between folliculitis and HIV.

You say nothing in your post about previous sex partners besides this one man. Please understand that using a condom is not 100% effective against any STD including HIV.

Good luck and I hope you get some negative results.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
HIV Prevention Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...