HIV Prevention Community
HIV?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

HIV?

I had an exposure about a year ago. I'm a gay male who received unprotected penetrative sex. a few weeks or so after i came down with flu like symptoms and my lymph nodes swelled up. some are still present behind my ear and in groin. 3 months after the exposure i bought a hiv test that are currently advertised on tv. the home test came back positive. I was a nervous reck and it took me 3 months to get the courage to see a doctor. i asked for a hiv test but didnt tell him i had a postive result earlier. the test said negative for hiv antibodies. do i have hiv? what should i do from here. i still have swollen lymph nodes. i havent had any sex since.
Tags: HIV, symptom, Lymph Nodes, conflicting tests
Where are you located.
suburbs of cleveland
thats were the test was done
What test did you purchase?
the one on t.v. I think its a ora swab fda approved test. i've seen a lot of commercials recently
You did the test when?
the end of this past may
early june
Really? The only approved home test kit Oraquick didn't go on sale at the stores until Oct of 2012.
i was given some from the clinic i go to and test my self every 6 moths
i did take another a few days after as well and it came back negative
No you were not, not in Ohio or anywhere else in the US.
what
You did not take a home test for HIV when you stated above. The tests weren't even available for home use at that time.
no i didnt purchase them
3 months after the exposure i bought a hiv test that are currently advertised on tv. the home test came back positive

That is what you posted in your first post.
well i didnt think youd believe i was given tests to take with me from the clinic  and you didnt. but nonetheless it happened. my question is do i get tested any further and that is why i came on here to find out.