HIV Prevention Community
Had Protected Sex w/ Protitute on Her Period

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Good Day,

I am now under alot of anxiety and stress right now because of my encounter. Let me tell you about my brief history. 2 1/2 months ago I had gone under different kinds of illness which I thought were major illnesses. It all started with bloody sputum discharge from a cough due to smoking. I had my lungs checked for lung cancer and it was clear. I had consulted a Pulmonologist prior and told me that if my lungs were clear I had to go to the ENT to check whether I have Nasopharyngial CA well it turned out to be Nasopharyngitis after all the CT scans and the endoscopy. I was given all the medication but in the middle of treating my condition. I had a party that led us to a brothel which happened on May 9, 2012. I had intercourse with a prostitute who has her period. I used a condom 3x since I had problems getting it up because there was alcohol involved. Every time my penis went down I replace it with new condoms before vaginal penetration. But there was no breaking and I was positive about that. I didn't even finish inside her (I finished on my hand). There was no oral sex only kissing which I am extremely afraid of as well. So after the deed I wiped everything(finished on my hand) and went home.

When I got home I took a shower and noticed blood on my underwear. I knew there would be blood on my pubic area since she has her period but still I got nervous. I am positive that I have no wound or blemishes on my pubic area and on my penis and still I am still scared.

My question is am I going to get HIV/AIDS because of this? Was there any blood transfusion that occurred? What are my chances of getting any STDs with my encounter. Was there a link with my nasopharyngitis symptoms with STD?  What are my chances of survival? Please help me I am freaking out right now and don't know what to do since this is the first time I had done this.

I still want to live and have family.

Best Regards,

You had protected sex, no HIV risk.