HIV Prevention Community
Had protected sex with a sex worker. HIV Positive?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hello doctor, I used two condoms one upon other while having sex with a sex worker in mumbai. This was on the 19th April 07. Before that, she also took my penis(without condom) in her mouth for sometime but no ejaculation.

I had an early ejaculation (<2 min) and removed my penis. I did not specifically check the condoms for breakage, but have no reason to belive that they broke. This was the first and only sexual encounter for me...and i never realised i need to chek the condoms.

I am engaged and am to marry in the 2nd week of May. I am terribly disturbed about the whole thing and about my foolishness to expose my self to the big risk of HIV.

I need your help. Do i need to confirm before my marriage about my status. If so, what tests can i do after say 8-9 days? I need your help urgently
Tags: test
hi friend,

You dont have any risk of getting hiv. Because you used condoms.

Keep your worry out  off you quickly otherways it will spoil your honeymoon.

dont look on internet for symtoms (symptoms) that will mislead you.

If you need any more informations you can write.

S.
How similar..!!   DITTO !
I too had the exact same episode... two condoms, sex worker.. mumbai...(9th april)... wondering was even the sex worker the same ? ...jk jk
lol :-)
You are not alone HA HA ..

bapu aisi galti bar bar mat karna...

Where is the risk ???

NO risk what so ever !

Tum dono ke case me risk hi nahi hai...stop worrying both of you and get on with your life !

Pronit : Dada, kono chinta bhabna kortey hobey na, tumi ek dom fine, protected sex = No RISK ar tar sathey Bierer shubichcha !
Forgot to tell ya, Oral sex =  No risk

Saliva contains sugar proteins which eliminates HIV, so your own body was working against HIV

NO RISK , whatsoever, you're 100 % HIV NEGATIVE
There is no galty (mistake) here, in terms of HIV, as Mikey said you guys were protected.

But I would advise against using two condoms because its been mentioned that friction between rubbers may cause them to weaken and tear.

If you have to use two make sure there is lubrication between the first and the second one.
Thanks folks, your responses are comforting...
I have lived through hell with so much guilt and the risk i bring to my fiance.
A single sneeze would throw me in panic and depression.

I spoke to one of the mumbai based helplines and they said, one cannot rule out the possibility since she took my organ in her mouth. If she had a wound or something in her mouth, i am exposed.

Your words are a relief.

Should i test, all those P24, PCR etc. My life will be in ruines if i test positive - imagine 4 days before the marriage .. we come to know of this.

guys, do i need to test!!!
guys i need to know something

this was the 1st time i was in this act.
tell me, would i come to know if the condom breaks?
I did not come to know anything like this...

Maybe i never noticed,,, I never thought i should.
I read so many places that 2 condoms are a big risk.

Infact can you imagine, when the SW was putting the condoms on she said that she prefers two condoms coz then they will not break.

Having such an educated SW worries me.
Look, If your condom breaks it'll be evident, you'd be in the position to know and on top of every thing do you really think THERE'S EVEN ONE HIV SPECIALIST IN MUMBAI....I don't think so, those are all friggin CDC website readers

Understand this, ORAL SEX IS SIMPLY NO RISK..it doesn't happen the way you think, even if she was bleeding from her mouth saliva would have eliminated the virus

secondly, substantial amount of blood would be required to infect and in such case the blood would be definitely seen

I think YOU ARE OVER REACTING, YOU SHOULD READ ABOUT HIV AND IT'S TRANSMISSION

you don't require any test, you require counseling

You should listen to us we've been there, where you are and we know what we're talking about, in case you wanna hear it from the doc's mouth post a question here to the doc, it'll cost you $ 15, but I guarantee you nothing's gonna change

YOU ARE THE MOST HIV NEGATIVE IN THE FORUM HERE
TWO CONDOMS: Like Alex told you before, you should not use two condoams at the same time thats not right

In Mumbai, if you hump a SW picked from the motels (1500 / 2000 wala) they have a misconception that two condoms are safer

These SWs are aware of the HIV know how and most of them are HIV Neg.

But your case..........I don't know what to say, I have given dozens of blowjobs if blowjobs could have caused HIV then I would have had full blown AIDS...lol !

Don't worry - search this board - you will find the good Dr. HHH himself saying oral is no risk.

I'm sure you know Dr. HHH's credentials !
The fact that the SW  told you that "she prefers two condoms coz then they will not break." should be comforting for 2 reasons..
1. She is aware of the risks of having unprotected sex with her clients...so does always use condoms..to keep herself safe.
2. She always use's multiple condoms. and in her case they havent broken/slipped..as yet so could be assume that she does not have HIV.

:-)
BIG BIG BIG THANKS (Dhonnobad!!) to you all
tum donon ko ab mein kya bolooom...
mumbai wale sab aise hi kyun hai.. DO DO condom ke peeche pade hai.

mein ek pehanta hoon to maa kasam phat jate hai.. LOL

guys,
both of you were in no risk.
a condom breakage is evident. you dont have to use a microscope to find holes in it LOL..

please, if you are too scary, get a test at 6 weeks and move on with life..

important: learn from the mistakes
Sala.... Mumbai Joint bangaya hai yeh to...lol !

Amravati -mumbai
Pronit -Mumbai
Anonymous - Mumbai
Alex - (I think) Mumbai
Mike - Mumbai
Thanks once again, all of you.Its nice to see so many of us from Mumbai.
As one of you said, I should remember the lesson.

Amravatiguy"bapu", the kind of depression one goes through,,
All i can say is

Jaan bachi aur laakhon paaye, laut ke buddhu ghar ko aaye
haha..

what about a get together and party once everybody is convinced about their test result...
LOL
Hey guys (bhai log)

This is quiet hilarious, nice to know there is a Mumbai support brigade.

I am not from Mumbai but close enough, am a PIO expatriate in India, so my Hindi sux.
if the condom did not fail then hiv is nil, no risk. enjoy da honeymoon
dear all,
your reassuarance has helped me a lot.
I cnfidently got married.. but have had protcted sex so far with my wife...

but i am getting very anxious.. old act is haunting me and i am restless.
I am fatigued with some cough, no temperature. I was happy when i did not have flu like symptoms so far... Went to a doc, checked the BP. It was high...150/100

getting along.. but quite disturbed about the possibility.
its now 56 days since that unfortunate moment on Apr 19.

What test can i do at this stage to releive myself of this tension and concentrate on other demanding things in my life.!!!

Also, if someone can help me with reliabe testing centres in Pune, India I will be grateful.

I need your good wishes. I have somehow got over the guilt of visitng a prostitute. do not want to do it ever in my life ..
i drunk too much and went with friends ....i recently had sex with sex worker and i wore two condums they were intact no chance of breaking. i am worried i may be infected with hiv 10 days passed  and now i started smoking a lot due to this tension i am repenting for the nonsnse i did feeling guilty ....i am reading a lot about Hiv symptoms on internet started concluding myself  i maybe infected hiv etc.......on 6th day i had running nose ,nose congestion & cough with sptum and high temperature upto 101degree and my son and wife also had the same problem three days back Now after 2 days  the symptoms went off.... i dont know its becasue of them i got it.... or i got becasue of sex with the prostitute but i am worried .pls suggest i am worried
You didn't have a risk of contracting HIV only because the condoms didn't fail. Learn how to use condoms correctly.
but what about the symptoms that i have ..is it ARS??should i go for hiv test?
what in Teaks answer did you not understand...he said you did not have a risk.
You can never use symptoms to diagnosis or even give an indication of HIV...symptoms are non-specific.
thanks a lot ..but still i am getting that fear and i am unable to controll myself ..i  very often visiting all the site related to hiv please guide me how do i come out of it......i very tensed..plzzzzzzzcan i be rest assure is it zero risk......can i be confident should i not do HIV test...please tell me
Stay off the Internet and seek professional mental help for your no risk issues.
thanks a lot again..i understood i dont have risk but still please sugest me should i stop worrying and stop thinking about it....do i need to test for hiv pls suggest me...
As teak said seek professional medical therapy to help you move on from this.
Why would you need to test if you did not have a risk. Think about things before you ask them.
MOVE ON..... DON'T NEED TO SAY IT AGAIN...
thanks you very much...thanks a ton..i will stop at this moment.........you saved me from getting into mental depression..thnks a lot
dear mike_no ! am also from India.my story also starts from mumbai. i had unprotected oral and protected vaginal  with csw and after a week i found a little ulcer below my  penis tip which was neither paining nor bleeding.that was the moment i found my entire world sinking. am a happily married man and was planning for a baby this year. but i am unable to have sex with my wife fearing i might infect her.tested negative at 31,38 and 45th days.but still anxiety is killing me.Teak ,Lizzie Lou both say it is a no risk situation even if u have cut on penis and i have great respect for their opinion.pl advise me should i go for more testing and what time is conclusive for testing in india ? thanx in anticipation.
Move on...mike does not post here anymore.
Sorry to distrub you again..I developed a small very tiny <1mm ulcer sort on my lower  part of tip of pennis  which is pale yellow coloured very small and not paining or no blood comming out but i notice it after 3 days of exposure.is it to be worried???
move on, you have been told no risk several times.
Dear Teak
I am very tensed and nervious i am not able to concentrate anything other than the fear can you tell me how do i come out of this fear and tension...i am scared and fealing guilty and worried i may get infected hiv  ...please suggest
You see a therapist.
Which therapist would suggest me ....please tell me
Do your own research.
please dont get irritated pls try to understand.....i have lots of hopes from you ..try to understand my anxiety and fear...i am sorry to trouble you please suggest me wht to do.....
I told you to see a therapist to help you with your issue. I can't tell you what therpaist to see that is up to you to find one for you.
are you angry on me.........?????
You have been told your risk and told tp see a therpaist to help you deal with your anxiety. I can't no can anyone do anything else for you. No reason to keep posting while you could be trying to find yourself a therapist.
ok Thanks a lot....i am sorry to distrub you.i will calm down now and never post anything ok please dont get angry..i am very much dipressed...and you are answering me in  this WAY..... ...anyways its my problem i need to solve myself.... i came to seek some help from you and some mental satisfaction to get myself calm down... but, you seems to be distrubed by my posts...Sorry and thanks for suggestion
I'm not a therapist, I can only give you risk assestment and that is what has been done. I tried to help by telling you to see a therpaist but you wanted more and how can I tell you what therapist to see that is for you to search and find out who can help you who is near you.
Not upset just trying to direct you in the right direction.
i just wanted your assesment of my risk sir...thanks in advance
And that was done.
dear mike_no ! am also from India.my story also starts from mumbai. i had unprotected oral and protected vaginal  with csw and after a week i found a little ulcer below my  penis tip which was neither paining nor bleeding.that was the moment i found my entire world sinking. am a happily married man and was planning for a baby this year. but i am unable to have sex with my wife fearing i might infect her.tested negative at 31,38 ,45th & 53rd days.but still anxiety is killing me.Teak ,Lizzie Lou both say it is a no risk situation even if u have cut on penis and i have great respect for their opinion.pl advise me should i go for more testing and what time is conclusive for testing in india ? thanx in anticipation.
sory to distrub you again i still worried...Yesterday i did my blodd test.I found wbc 7400/cmm,RBC 3100 mil/lt,haemoglobin 14.5 gm/lt,and erythrocytes is 15 and platelet 250000/cmm. can you please tell me why my erythocytes and RBC are low is it any symptoms of ARS?? can i do HIV test tomorrow it will be 27th day after my exposure?please respond i am dying with fear and anxiety for the mistake i did ..pleasei will be very thankfull if you can help in assesing.
you were never at risk.   now exactly WHAT PART of that sentence are you having trouble understanding?
Madam
I would just like to know why my ESR is eleveated and why my RBC count has come down exactly 40 days back i did my  RBC it  was normal it was 4.5 and now its come down to 3.1..i was suffering from sinus problem exactly 6 days of my exposure i took antiboitic and it subsidied in 3 days  and on 14 th day of my exposure this is my blood report is wbc 7400/cmm,RBC 3100 mil/lt,haemoglobin 14.5 gm/lt,and erythrocytes is 15 and platelet 250000/cmm.what could be the reason is it related tp ARS i would like to know inspite i not being at risk ..
Talk to your Dr, those have nothing to do with HIV.
Please help me i had posted my querries i am very tensed please help me i know you are doing good job and trying to calm down thousands of people with this fear.Please  answer my qyerries.I am not able to view my querries also now..please reasond.i beg you.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusive negative results or a no-risk situation will be based up the criteria MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
i am sorry to say but i developed HPV and very scared that i might have also developed the HIV infection so i am very tensed and unable to with stand the tension ..Please for god sake sake tell me some thing.Do HPV and be transmitted inspite of using condoms ,,if so then HIV would have also transmitted is my worry..Please dont feel bad or angry sir..
I am in a stage of commiting sucide due to this tension..I have a family and they will never forgive me
there is nothing more to add
i did not understand .what did you mean there is nothing more to add..Please tell me some thing to my querry madam.pleaseeeeeeeeee for god sake.I facing the hell out of my tension.please
MOVE ON
Is this HPV sign of HIV will get that also i wanted to know ,Shall i get HIV test of forget ??
Thank a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooot..Madam thank you very very very very very very MUCH for building this confidence.I was worried after noticing this HPV..really you dont know how much worried i am after seeing and getting it diagnosed as HPV ..i started thinking i may also aquire HIV hence all this thought came into my mind...............sorry to distrub you
Thanks a lot for giving me the confidence thanks for everything and i would like  share that today i got my hiv test reports and it came as negative even shipilis came as negative .So i am bit relieved and  can i relax now its just 6 weeks past from the last exposure ..Please final post got get angry because i am posting again..This will be my final post..Please suggest
THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU'RE GOING TO BE TOLD THAT YOU WERE NEVER AT RISK AND TO MOVE ON.

hi guys..

last week i had protected sex with a bar girl in mumbai. she offered two condoms before enter into encounter. i have not done anything other than vaginal intercourse. no kisses and nothing.. i scared very much..  this is my first sex with sex worker in mumbai with 2 condoms. i havent tried b4..  ppl are making me scare.. condoms dint damage i guess, coz i havent noticed properly as i was scared.  

i scared much guys, unable to concentrate on anything.. i m under guilty feeling.. please tel me what i can do next?..

when i can take HIV test?. wher i can take?.

i woul ask u one more thing also?.. condom damage while sex means, sperm should not come out right?. means it should not tear in the hole side of willy right?
Hi, i had Protected sex with sex workers many times then i decided to quit doing this and stayed out with any kind of intercourse for atleast for 3 years and after that got married and after the 2 years of marriage i got a child and both are Negative. But 4 days before i happened to have protected sex with a call girl,and i did not check whether the condom broken inside, now im feeling little fever and sometimes head ache, im very much scareeeeeed and canot concentrate on works and also i noticed that since last 10 days a fungus infection is devceloped between the fingers of my leg.......im very much afraid whether im affected and very guilty.......also im afraid to have sex with my wife.....please help me find solution to this problem
condom failure is catastrophic.  you would have known if it had failed.
Please answer my question in detail, im dying of fear......as i told you im afraid to touch my wife and do my work properly..........as i told you that i have mild fever from the next day of my exposure. fever is not for the full day some times it comes and goes in a short period of time, i had head ache on for 2 -3 days, some times when i think about having infected im getting sweated..........im confused by so many things on internet.......do you advice that i should immediately go for early detection HIV test.........Please advice- help me- im expecting a detailed reply which may give me atleast a good sleep.....Thanks
i had unprotected sex with a girl who later tested positive.i felt many primary symptoms of hiv wwhich are fever for more than one month,headache,muscle and joint pain for about three months,tingling sensation all over my body, night sweat and diarhea (diarrhea) for about a month.now something like a single thrush like growth underneath m tongue close to my teeth and refuse to go away..i had rapid test to hiv at 6 weeks and 3 months with both coming out negative..i am confused
your test was CONCLUSIVE...proving that you DONT have hiv.

if you are having health concerns, see your dr...it's not hiv related.
o.k what i still fesr is that this girl tested positive..and i just did a test 0n september 9 and the result was negative.this makes it about 22 weeks after exposure is it conclusive
a conclusive result can be obtained any time after 3 months post exposure.
Hi lizzie . Please help me out as I am in serious tension . I had protected sex with a call girl and I dont know if shes infected or not . I did not have oral sex with her. I pulled out from vagina as soon as I ejaculated. I wanted to know whats the risk percentage of me getting hiv ? please help  me fast as I am an engineering student. Thanks in advance
This thread is OLD.  PLease start your own one,
i have over the last year paid numerous sex workers. i have never in life had unprotected sex and appreciate your comments to others regarding the low(even zero risk) of contracting hiv in this way. however there is one girl (sex worker) i have seen 4 or 5 times over the last few months. on the last 2 occassions i met her, i contracted the most svere flu i have ever had within an hour of meeting her - the flu was very severe including night sweats and extreme fever ( i have never experienced anything like that). it lasted about a week on both occassions - on both occasions it came on within an hour of meeting her which is what scares me. i don't understand (without the medical knowledge) if there is another feasible explanation for contracting flu like symptoms so quickly, if its not hiv or some other std? this has been worrying me non stop over last few weeks.
Hi Alex

Iam a Sardar Ji from New Delhi . My Name is Harsh . Boss Iam terribly worried and scared to death . Since May this years to July I think I had sex with 5 or 6 sex workers in New Delhi and paid then around 1000 to 2000 rupees. I didnt go to Gb road coz iam so worried about HIV aids but since iam aingle and 28 years old I couldnt control my sexual feelings for women and i was fed up of masturbating really. I am so worried abt hiv that not only did I have sex with either durex or man force condoms I even used condoms for blowjob and if only 1 condom was there i wouldnt go for blowjob . Yaar I never sucked breast also just coz of fear their milk might infect me . Also . I never licked their vagina for fluids. Now iam worried coz I had chest infection and severe fever two weeks back and Iam alright now but I have lost weight and also weakness coz of fever . Iam so worried what if I caught HIV and I might have fever again . Iam not sure if the condom broke coz I never even ejaculated inside any of the sws. Also I was reasonably drunk. Yaar Iam fearing to get married coz I dont want to pass my infection in my would be wife and my would be kids. Please help me my parents think Iam a very innocent boy and when they will come to know about my HIV status they will die before I do . Please iam so regretting I hate myself now and Iam complaing to God why he gave me a penis to get disease from those ***** unclean sex workers, I wanna commit suicide and chop off my penis forever. Kindly tell me how can i die peacefully coz i dont wanna die with the pain of AIDS. Even while writting this Iam crying . OH WHY DID I HAVE SEX EVEN WITH CONDOM SHAME ON ME IAM THE MOST BIGGEST ******* ON THE EARTH . I dont have courage to go for test If I have HIV positive test I will collapse right their and die .