HIV Prevention Community
Has any tested positive after being negative after 6 week result?? plz ...

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Has any tested positive after being negative after 6 week result?? plz answer...

Hi friends,

Just wanted to knw

1. Has anyone tested positive after being negative after 6 week test???
2. As per Dr.HHH  4-6 week test post exposure is 100% relaible...And he also stated that A person can forget abt hiv  if  negative after 6 weeks...
3. I understand that after 3 months u get conclusive result
4. How reliable is 6 week test??
5. And if tested negative after 4-6 weeks can a person expect negative result after 3 months???

Precise answer expected...

Regards,

Fred burns....
Dr. HHH has not said a 6 week test is 100% reliable. He has said he has never seen a person who tested neg at 6 week turn positive. He says a 6 week negative is about as conclusive as it gets. The standard is 12/13 weeks (3 months), but a 6 week negative is a really really really good indicator. you factor in the odds of the person you were with having it, them factor in the odds of you getting, and then factor in the odds a 6 week test not picking it up. It is pretty D%@n safe to say you are negative.
Avatar n tn
I am sure Dr.HHH has got lot of experience in this field....so when he says that he hasnt seen anyone turned positive after tested negative at 6 week test...So we can probably conclude no matter what the exposure was(low/high)...A person can 99.9% expect to be negative even after 3 months rt???
That is exactly right. It is pretty safe to say negative. so don't worry about a thing and get your conclusive at 12/13 weeks.
just read your exposure in the previous post! you are crazy. you can not get HIV that way. you have absolutely nothing to worry about. go drink some beer or something. you need to relax
Irrespective of the statistics (although Dr HH is an authority and when he says he never seen, it really means something, and worth believing), I can bet you are going to get a "Negative" report very positively. What will be my treat, some sweets? Haan?
Avatar n tn
Whenever the esteemed doctor says that he has not seen anyone turn positive after a 6-week negative he usually adds that he doesn't treat a lot of HIV patients anyway. Which means the data from his clininc is not as significant as we would like to believe. Nevertheless, the 6-week negative at best is clost to 95-97% accurate and therefore, there is a very very very minute chance that it will change later. so, u can relx and expect nothign but a negative at the 12/13 week, which is conclusive.
As far as i know 6 weeks negative is 95 % accurate..
6 weeks negative is a good indicator, and never heard of any1 turn positive after 6 weeks test
You resurrected a very old thread....