HIV Prevention Community
Help about HTLV please.

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Help about HTLV please.

hello guys.After i easy my mind that tests have proven i didnt get hiv from the unprotected sex with a sex worker now i am so scared about the fact that i might have gotten a virus called HTLV-1 or/and HTLV-2.
I never heard about it til last night.What do u know about it and how dangerous is it.Is it life threating,how long after getting infected u get really sick.Do all the people who get infected get sick.
Also i am having a very hard time to find a center to get tested for it cuz most of the testing centers dont offer it(wonder why)?.
i will really apreciate ur help..I am so scared about htlv...how accurate are htlv antibody tests after 8 months of sexual contact.
I agree with Vance that number is way too high. Seeing how there are only 20 million ppl world wide. I agree with Vance see a survivalist or go to a university where there is an infectious disease doc. However I don't kno what you think you are infected perhaps it has a lot to do with anxiety as you have tested negative for everything else you feel as though you shouod have caught something for being with a sec worker. If you parouse the doc forum even they say that most sex workers don't have hiv, and lets face it hiv is a lot more common than htlv is but less common than other commonly spread stds. Do count your self lucky that you didn't get something and quit trying to convince yourself that you did.
This forum is HIV specific.
is there a forum about htlv at medhelp.org cuz i couldnt find  it.
Get your dr to order the test. A little but if research in you behalf would have probably eased your anxiety. There are only bout 10 to 20 million ppl infected with it, and most of those are in Japan Cameroon and the Caribbean it is very uncommon here in Canada but the Canadian blood services have been screening for it since 1990. So the test is available and it usually ordered by your dr if you develop and illness that is usually caused by such an infection, or if you have had a known exposure.
I live in usa and there is 500000 ppl infected with htlv1or2 in usa.I had sex with a sex worker 9 months ago and i have done 4 hiv tests all of them came back negative.Now i am so scared about the htlv i have called cdc they didnt  know about it and they dont offer that test.Even i have called a lot of std hot line numbers and most of them dont know that htlv exist.
What shpuld i do ...i need help please.
Speak with your Dr, find a STD specialist.
No clue where you got that number but my guess is that is way to high of a number of people in the US with it.
Also dr handsfield will tell you that the CDC contracts out to the lowest bidder so even when ppl call there for hiv help they are speaking with a flunkie reading from a script that iften incites panic. If I called them they would tell me that I have a risk of exposure a d should be tested because I might have come in contact with bodily fluids but as you will likely have learned here I have no risk.
the number that i gave aboe which is haf million(500 thousend)i got from a friend of mine who knows a lot about htlv
please help
Move along you were already advised that this forum is HIV specific.  You want to discuss HTLV talk to your doctor.
so where is the word Help in this web since u telling me to move along
u say
But i dont have a family dr,i dont have a dr
HIV Prevention Community---Now what part of that aren't you comprehending.
Hi - this forum is specifically for questions about HIV and we are, unfortunately, unable to address your HTLV questions in this HIV risk forum.  At this time, we do not have an HTLV-specific forum.  As previously mentioned, please consult a physician for testing if you have concerns about HTLV.

****************** THREAD CLOSED *********************
NO FURTHER POSTS, PLEASE>