HIV Prevention Community
Help and diagnosis

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Help and diagnosis

Hi, I am a male who Had unprotected oral sex both given and received with a prostitute, along with protected vaginal sex, and i actually used my finger to insert in her vagina, which i noticed later to have been previously scratched with skin peeled and red cut (not bleeding though but red) close to finger nail. starting second day, i started feeling very tired and my neck felt a bit hurting and my throat felt a bit burn, the 3rd day, i was feeling extreme unwell, like i was about to faint and loose consciousness, my throat was also a bit burning, 4th day was generally feeling better and neck hurting was not there any more neither was the throat burn, 5th day was alright except for a bit of slight burning after peeing. On the 6th day, the throat slight burning was back again, accompanied by moderate/slight (but definitely noticeable) pain on the left side of neck, hard to say where exactly, but close to below the left ear by approx 2 fingerswidth and suddenly i noticed a pinkish patch (size of a finger tip or a bit more) on the back of the hand that i inserted the finger in her vagina. i have went to a sexual health clinic where they took a urine and blood sample , and said that results should be within 14 days, yet they said that the fast p24 antigen test is not available in the city, so it couldnot be done. I am so worried and i want to know if these could be possible HIV symptoms? Can the red injury in my finger (with skin peeled around it) have transmitted HIV? some opinions were that HIV symptoms don't appear that early, others said it can!, also some people said this could be just bacterial infection caused by giving oral sex to a woman and getting exposed to vaginal fluids and that they are normal and should not worry about them since the chance of getting HIV from one time is not high, especially that last time i had sex was about one year ago,. Can you please let me know your opinion, i am really worried, and i really need to ***** the condition to be able to act accordingly.
You do not have an HIV concern.
Thanks very much for your reply, I cant describe how much I appreciate it. So what are those symptoms for? Why am I feeling this extreme fatigue and dizziness ? And what is the cause of the pain under my ear and . The pink spot on myhand is fsding now leaving 3 small dot wounds.
I also forgorgot to mention that sometimes when I pee, I think I drop about 2 or 3 drops of pee color like thing but more viscous, which causes me a bit of a slight uncomfortable burningfeeling down there after peeing. this happened only yesterday and only once more on the 4th or 5th day.
Discuss it with your doctor if you feel unwell it has nothing to do with HIV .
You sound sure, this makes me calm down. Thanks again for your help