HIV Prevention Community
Help me pls - Possibly infected

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Help me pls - Possibly infected

Hi all, I will make my story short.

* Had protected sex with a girl from Thailand (works in a Spa) about 5 weeks ago. Had sex twice in 2 days (all protected. I have not fully healed herpes at the base of my penis.

* Received rough oral sex twice and ejaculated inside her mouth on two different occasions over the same week. I was not protected. I have herpes and I am not sure if there was blood in her mouth. It was dark therefore, I could not check her mouth for any cuts.

Symptoms:

* 3 weeks after the exposure I felt a swollen lymph node under my chin and another one under my left armpit.
* Together with the lymph nodes I had a sore throat and a mild fever. Fever was not very high.
* Lost appetite and had loose motion for about 5 days.
* I had pain on my left leg muscles. It was sever at times at night. (I did not do any exercise over those days therefore, no reason for any leg pain).

It is the 6th week now and the the symptoms have disappeared but, I still have some body pain here and there.

Initially HIV was not in my mind until I started doing some searches online. I am terrified after reading HIV symptoms and they correspond exactly the same symptoms I was having.

1. How likely I am infected?
2. Is it possible lymph nodes to appear only under armpit and chin and not appear on other parts of the body?
3. Some sever is sore throat and fever during early symptoms?

I am terrified to test now and I had sex with my wife several times after the above exposures and she is not feeling well now.
You had protected sex. No risk. Oral sex is not a risk for hiv even if she was positive. And even if she had cuts or blood in her mouth. Your symptoms are not suggestive of hiv. Lymph nodes swell for literally thousands of reasons other than hiv. When they swell due to hiv it is not localized swelling. It is generalized. Meaning all lymph nodes all over tour body. Nothing yyou at risk you did puts you at risk for hiv. Im guessing guilt is whats going on.  ps. Keep yoyr fingers off the lymph nodes. The more you poke and prod the more irritated and inflamed they will get.  stop searxhing for symptoms. They mean nothing. And guilt and anxiety will lead you to find anything your looking for.
chook110607, thank you for your reply. What is your take on herpes and HIV. The vaginal fluids from her definitely contacted the area i had herpes. Is it not enough to transmit the virus?

My Neuropathy issue I had on my left leg was the biggest reason I am writing here. How common is this as an early symptom of HIV?

Please help me.

You are correct that your genital herpes is associated with modest increase in risk of HIV.  Interestingly and for reasons that are not completely known, herpes is associated with increased HIV risk whether or leisons are present or not. The increase is rather low and overall your use of the condom still is of great benefit in reducing your risk for getting HIV.  Thus while there is a VERY Slight risk for getting HIV from the events you describe it is minimal.  
Neuropathy if it occurs in hiv positive people, it happens well after they have had hiv. not towards the begining.
you can have an antibody test now, for a good indication of your status followed by a three month antibody test for a conclusive answer
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.