HIV Prevention Community
Hep C and HIV delay in window period?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hep C and HIV delay in window period?

Heyguys.  Over 7 months ago I had protected sex with a prostitute of unknown status who appeared to have been mentruating (not sure).  A few days ago I got tested for both HIV and HCV antibodies and they were both negative.  Can I accept these results as conclusive?  I was ready to move on but I started reading stuff about coinfection and how that can delay the window period for both viruses.  Do you guys think I should get tested again?  Or are these results 6+ months post exposure enough?
you are as -ve as anyone could be. for get about hiv you are way past the window period. in regards to HCV read this post its from the expert form  :http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/560276
The reason I got tested was because 3 months after my encounter I learned that a girl I was dating at the time tested positive for Hepatitis C.  So I got scared thinking that I was the one who gave it to her.  She denies ever doing drugs or anything that would put her at risk for Hep C but she has had unprotected sex before.  She also said that she's donated blood at least 4 times in the past and has never had the Red Cross contact her about any problems.  That's why I'm worried about potential delays in seroconversion with Hep C / HIV.  Is it possible that I was the one who gave her Hepatitis C evenough I've tested negative for antibodies @ over 7 months post exposure?