HIV Prevention Community
Hep C and HIV delay in window period?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Hep C and HIV delay in window period?

Heyguys.  Over 7 months ago I had protected sex with a prostitute of unknown status who appeared to have been mentruating (not sure).  A few days ago I got tested for both HIV and HCV antibodies and they were both negative.  Can I accept these results as conclusive?  I was ready to move on but I started reading stuff about coinfection and how that can delay the window period for both viruses.  Do you guys think I should get tested again?  Or are these results 6+ months post exposure enough?
you are as -ve as anyone could be. for get about hiv you are way past the window period. in regards to HCV read this post its from the expert form  :http://www.medhelp.org/posts/show/560276
Avatar n tn
The reason I got tested was because 3 months after my encounter I learned that a girl I was dating at the time tested positive for Hepatitis C.  So I got scared thinking that I was the one who gave it to her.  She denies ever doing drugs or anything that would put her at risk for Hep C but she has had unprotected sex before.  She also said that she's donated blood at least 4 times in the past and has never had the Red Cross contact her about any problems.  That's why I'm worried about potential delays in seroconversion with Hep C / HIV.  Is it possible that I was the one who gave her Hepatitis C evenough I've tested negative for antibodies @ over 7 months post exposure?