HIV Prevention Community
Hepatitis and HIV Handjob Risk

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hepatitis and HIV Handjob Risk

Hello Dr.,

i have the following questions. I had an encounter with a prostitute (streethooker) and she gave me a handjob without condom. This was the only activity. I know that a handjob is considered safer sex but i am a bit worried because the prositute had her menstruation and i did not pay attention to inspect her hands before giving me the handjob.

my questions: Could she, supposed she had hepatitis B or C and HIV in the worst case, transmit any of these to me?

She might have touched her vagina or put some lub or creme on her vagina or just cleaned herself about 30 seconds before the act as whe was in the bathroom. So there could have potential secrets or blood on her hands.
I suppose the amount of blood/secret could not have been enough, as i believe from cleaning your genitals or or putting some lub/creme on your vagina, it could not lead to a sufficient infectious blood/secret and would not lead to any infection. But i am worried and would need reassurance from you if i need testing. It was at least 30 seconds between her in the bathroom and the act, so i suppose HIV would be inactive by that time (as in the worst case it could have only be a thing layer of secret/blood on her hands), right? Can you confirm that there was no risk? What about Hepatitic B and C? Any risk, as this is much more infectios? What if she had washed her hands, could there be enouth residiues on her hands of blood/secret for any transmission?
I would appreciate your comments on this, thanks in advance.
Alex
There is no disease that is transmitted by a handjob. You had no risk of anything.
Hi there, thank you for the answer. How can you be so sure that not even Hepatitis B, that is very infectious and can survive outside of the body a long time cannot be transmitted through handjob if there would be secret or blood residiues on her hands? I heard that even microscopic amounts that are not visible are infectious..? do the 30 seconds mentioned play a role?
thanks in advance,
Alex
Post in the Hep forum, this is an HIV forum.