Hepatitis or HIV exposure
Dear Med help,

Today (12- 07- 2014) in the morning at 7.30 Am i was getting a shave and hair cut done at a barber shop the blade which he was using on me was new and he had put antiseptic lotion on it. but my concern is that while he was shaving my beard my cell phone rang and my phone was kept near a used blade razor on the table in front of me and by mistake and carelessness while picking up my phone my finger got rubbed by the used blade that was lying on the table and my finger got cut from the blade. This blade was lying their for 25 minutes in front of me and their was no other customer in the shop for 25 mins atleast, their was bleeding from the finger after the cut which i first washed with water and then after 10 mins once i reached home i washed it with surgical spirit and then later during the day got a anti tetanus vaccine done.

My concern is about Hepatitis or HIV  exposure from the cut from the used blade lying at the barber shop. Pls provide your help with urgent advice on the Hepatitis or HIV exposure if any from the exposure above.

Rajkumar
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
i agree if you say that u have advised me towards the negative posibility of HIV exposure but pls advice me towards the hepatitis posibility from the above exposure.

waiting a helpful reply pls.
Dear Teak

Pls reply if testing is required for HIV and hepatitis in the barber razor finger cut injury.

pls pls help with your informed advice.

thanks