HIV Prevention Community
Here I go again, someone please help soon, Im going insane

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Lymph nodes in groin, am I supposed to be able to feel these or only if they are swollen?  I feel them, and also I can feel a few in my lower ab area.  Am I screwed?  HELP.  Also one in lower ab is kind of sore.  
I don't think that you should try to asess you own lymphnodes.  I tried it and ended up causing iritation from all the poking around.  Have a doctor check the out and then get tested after at least 6 weeks.

E
I have the exact same symptoms as you.  I have swollen glands on one side of my groin.  I also have one that is swollen in the lower abdomen.  I have a negative antibody result at 10 weeks and a negative PCR at 7 weeks.

Most people tell me that this is conslusive.  So, don't worry about the symptoms.  It's probably something else.

STB,

Well, this is really to everyone here who has posted saying that their lymph nodes are swollen. The first rule of thumb trying to determine, on their own, if their  lymph nodes are swollen is: DON'T!

The simple fact of the matter is that a self assessment of one's lymph nodes is completely unreliable, and counterproductive. If you keep poking and prodding where you believe your lymph nodes are located, and you get lucky and you actually have a lymph node in that location, voila: self fulfilling prophecy. Lymph nodes are tricky touchy little buggers - constantly poking and prodding them will make them sore and, drum roll please, swollen. Thus, yes, because you have been assaulting them in a way they do not much care for, you now have swollen and sore lymph nodes.

The only reliable way to determine the size of your lymph nodes is to visit a doctor. Believe me, I've been in your situation. I was sure I had swollen lymph nodes, and they were sore. I eventually went to the doctor, and he asked me to point out the sore areas. I did, and he smiled and said, good trick, you'd be the only person who has lymph nodes there. In the areas were I really did have lymph nodes, he asked me if I'd been manhandling them. I said yes, and he said: stop it!  He informed me that the only reason that they were sore was because I couldn't leave them alone.

Anyway, just the advice from someone who has been there. Leave your lymph nodes alone, or you'll grow hair on your palms. Hmmm, wait, maybe that hair is from...Oh, forget it, no need to go there.
LOL.  Haha.  That was a funny post.  Thanks for the laugh xhost.  

Guys this sux.  I swear, I have never let anything beat me down so bad in my life.  Have you?  

The lymph node at the bottom of my abdomen is hurting like hell, but it is probably like xhost said from manhandling it.  It is no bigger than a small pea, but I can't seem to figure out if you ar supposed to be able to feel them at all.  Some sites say yes, some no unless swollen.  What the hell!

I already had the six week test.  It was negative.  I am 2 weeks from 12 week test now and scared to freaking death.  

Like I said earlier, this sux, and I hope we all come out ok.  Most of all I hope we all learn from this.  I know I did.