HIV Prevention Community
Hiv Serum Test

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Hiv Serum Test

Just want to asked what type of test is serum serology test and how long do a person will produce hiv antibody after exposure? Your answer will be important for all readers, thank you.

I received protected oral sex 54days ago. I got tested at 44days and result was neg.

I know everyone will say no need testing but just want to know the test i took is what type since there are so many and can it be conclusive after 6 weeks and 2 days?

Should i do another test at 12/13 weeks?

.
No test result is conclusive until 3 months post-exposure.Your test results are always going to come back negative because you had no exposure to begin with.
Thank you, can you comment on the type of test I did?
Are you saying no matter what test, 3 months is only conclusive. Can you comment on how come some experts state 4 weeks for certain test and 8 weeks on other test? So Many type makes it hard to know which is accurate.
You never had an exposure and didn't need any kind of of test. You want to know what tests they did call them and ask.
You had a test that tested your blood serum for antibody production against infection.Anyone that claims that any hiv test is conclusive before 3 months post -exposure is wrong.The conclusive hiv window period has been 3 months since 2004.Alot of those experts do say that but they also say follow up in 3 months for a 100% conclusive result.
Thank you for your comment, how about the duration for a person to produce hiv antibody?
Is it a subject to different individual or its about the same time. Thank you.
You never had an exposure and didn't need any kind of of test.
The reason i asked its just not about me needing a test or not, i want to know just for the sake of knowledge. I just want to how much time do a person need to produce hiv antibody.