HIV Prevention Community
Hiv from needle exposure

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Hiv from needle exposure

I was at a rather large house party a few months back. There was tons of drinking and I didn't know most of the people there. My problem is that at one point in the night I had taken my shoes off. I was walking in one of the bed rooms and felt something sharp stab my foot. It was a needle. Possibly a drug needle. I don't know it was on the ground and I don't know for how long. There was a tiny puncture on the bottom of my foot with a small pin hole of blood. Around three weeks after I got a sore throat and rash on my chest. Also, got body aches.

Should I be worried about hiv exposure? Do I need to test?
No and no.
Why wouldn't this have been a risk? I heard hiv can live up to seven days plus in a needle.
It drew a tiny amount of blood
You didn't infuse anything into your blood stream. HIV isn't transmitted by little sticks.
So there is no possibility what so ever of even the slight amount of infection? We are 110% sure even if there was a small amount of infected blood on the needle.
Not an HIV concern.
Thanks teak
Last question. Just ensuring. Nothing could have been injected when I stepped down on it with all my weight. Plus high viral load possibility.
No.