HIV Prevention Community
Hiv risk from kissing/vaginal stimulation/kissing sucking biting on bre...

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hiv risk from kissing/vaginal stimulation/kissing sucking biting on breast

Hi doctors

I recently did something extremely foolish and stupid that I am regretting everyday. A week ago I went out drinking with friends. That night ran into a girl that I have talked to a few times because she works at a local bar. She was also drinking that night. The encounter that happened between us went like this.

I used my index and middle finger to stimulate her vagina, I only touched the outside I do not recall my fingers going inside her vagina. Stimulated for about 5 - 10 seconds and stopped. Did not feel any vaginal fluids from what I remember I'm pretty sure of it. I went home about 15 min after this even and washed my hands. I did notice any cuts or bleeding on the fingers I used. I had cut my nails earlier that day. Could I have opened up my skin to allow fo vaginal fluids to enter my body? I also know I put the fingers that I used to stimulate her vagina between my nose and upper lip. I quickly realized that I uses these fingers to stimulate her. Could vaginal fluids go from my finger into my nose or mouth and pose a risk of infection? I have read that the nose and mouth are mucous membranes and infected fluids coming in contact with them can transmit the viruses. If this is true how much of the viruses is needed for infection to happen?

Also I had kisses and sucked on her breast, nipples, and bite them not to hard. I am sure I did not break her skin with my bite. I only did this once not repeated times, the bite was the last thing I did as well. If I did however could the littlest amount of blood getting into my mouth pose a great risk?

Also she kissed me as well. It was an open mouth kiss where her tongue came into my mouth for all of a second at most. This kiss last for maybe a second at the most and happened once. I am worried about blood from her mouth coming I to mine and infecting me with hiv. I don't know if she had any blood in her mouth. I know my gums bleed when I brush my teeth. So I am worried that I may have an opening in my gums. I spent all day today spitting into the sink to see if I notice any blood but can not say I did notice conclusive blood. Also I used tissue paper to press against my gums to see if there was any blood. And I noticed on repeated occasions that a little bit of blood showed up on the tissue paper. I don't know if this can be due to me repeatedly pressing hard on my gums with tissue paper to try and see if there is any blood and irritated it. Or if I actually don't have gums that bleed. I have found contradicting information about kissing and hiv transmission. Some places say that small cuts are enough for transmission. How much of her blood would need to come I to my mouth for transmission? Also I have found contradicting info about blood in saliva. If small amount of blood is in saliva would that pose a risk? I have gone to the dentist in January and they did not tell me I have any gum disease. Just that I have a cavity that needs to be filled.

Also I spoke more the the girl after the incident and asked her about her history. From what she told me I know that she has had multiple partners and she has had unprotected sex with 3 different guys, don't know how many times, and that in the past couple weeks she has received and given oral sex twice, also that the last time she has had unprotected sex was in Nov of 2012. I don't know her history of being tested. I also don't know the number of people she has been sexually active with. My friend told me about 2 guys he knows that have had sex with her. So I am worried about her maybe wing hiv+. I asked her about her dental history. She said she does go to the dentist and that her gums don't bleed when she brushes and that they do bleed bit when she flosses. Would there be a chance that when we kissed that enough blood could have been transferred and made direct contact with the area where I noticed that I had little blood when I used the tissue paper to check?

I have been tested before and the last time I was tested was in Feb of 2013. I have been sexually active with one girl in the past 2 years. However that girl and I broke up a couple weeks back. I am worried if her and I get back together that I may pose a risk on her health and am worried. I went and spoke to my doctor and her said there is no need to be tested and worry and that I am fine.

I am a very paranoid person and worry a lot. I feel stupid for what I did and regret it. I am worried about the chances of transmission of hiv through the actions I listed. And from my dental history and from the dental history she told me. And the chance of hiv transmission from open moth kissing if there are some microscopic cuts in the mouth? Should I get tested again especially if I get back together with my ex girlfriend.  I don't want to to risk her health.
paranoid or not...the FACT of the matter is, you never had a risk.
Thanks Worryaa18 for the post!
Even i am worried about this fingering thing which i did with a prostitute recently i had protected sex with. Though i dont remember whether any of my thumb/finger were broken/bleeding at that time but surely remember that skin on the side of my thumb's nail was broken and bleeding somewhere nearby(may be later) this event which i had on 24/2/13.
Docs we need your help. Please tell us if this kinda activity impose some risk for the HIV infection and what are the chances of getting HIV through contact of broken skin with vaginal fluids?
[FYI... Me(@6 days) and She(@8 days) were tested negative for ELISA]
Please respond asap... ;-(((((
As you were correctly advised by Lizzie, you never had an exposure.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
Would the risk be increased if after we kissed I went home and rushed my teeth and could have had bleeding gums at time of brushing again? I brushed about 15 - 20 min after the brief kiss where her tongue came Into my mouth for a split second. I don't remember if I did bleed when I brushed that night. But I bleed almost every time I brush so I probably did. Also after the kiss I took a little water and swirled it around in my mouth and spat it out. I did this about 2 min after the kiss. I am worried that the little spot on my gums that always shows signs of blood when I press down with a tissue paper would pose a risk for contracting hiv.
No.
So little small amounts of blood on the gums would not pose a risk for hiv transmission? Why does it say in some places that microscopic tears are enough in the mouth for transmission?
It doesn't. We can't help you with the incorrect information you find surfing the web.