Hiv risk
Ok, basically I know hiv cannot last very long once the blood becomes oxygenated and therefore does not last long on surfaces or household objects at all. However, I am still worried about something. I have no idea where it came from but after feeling a pricking pain on my knee several times I found a piece of metal which had pierced through my jeans and to my knee. My initial thought although maybe irrational was what if it is a needle end and also if it is or isn't what is the risk? Can hiv survive within a small, thin hollow piece of metal? Is there any reason for concern? It's also annoying me because now I can't find where this metal piece has gone and I'm worried about it pricking me again. I'm not wanting to seem ignorant but I am worried.
Many thanks,
Hi and welcome.You might want to post this in the HIV prevention forum as is specific but I understand your concerns since the HIV scare started 20 years back.
Many people have the HIV fobia and its a very difficult to deal with when a scare situation comes up.
I would not be concerned in the least about your situation. If this was a needle stuck in you with blood in it i would be worried but not what you described. Just get this out of your imagination and go our for a nice dinner and movie.
Yeah I wasn't sure if this was the right part to post this in, I've just joined and where I wanted to post it it said I had to pay.
Thank you for the advice. :)
To be honest with you and this is my opinion you have nothing to worry about with HIV.
Thank you for your reply btw.