HIV Prevention Community
Hiv risk

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hiv risk

Ok, basically I know hiv cannot last very long once the blood becomes oxygenated and therefore does not last long on surfaces or household objects at all. However, I am still worried about something. I have no idea where it came from but after feeling a pricking pain on my knee several times I found a piece of metal which had pierced through my jeans and to my knee. My initial thought although maybe irrational was what if it is a needle end and also if it is or isn't what is the risk? Can hiv survive within a small, thin hollow piece of metal? Is there any reason for concern? It's also annoying me because now I can't find where this metal piece has gone and I'm worried about it pricking me again. I'm not wanting to seem ignorant but I am worried.
Many thanks,
Hi and welcome.You might want to post this in the HIV prevention forum as is specific but I understand your concerns since the HIV scare started 20 years back.
Many people have the HIV fobia and its a very difficult to deal with when a scare situation comes up.
I would not be concerned in the least about your situation. If this was a needle stuck in you with blood in it i would be worried but not what you described. Just get this out of your imagination and go our for a nice dinner and movie.
Yeah I wasn't sure if this was the right part to post this in, I've just joined and where I wanted to post it it said I had to pay.
Thank you for the advice. :)
To be honest with you and this is my opinion you have nothing to worry about with HIV.
Thank you for your reply btw.