HIV Prevention Community
Hiv symptoms meningitis

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Hiv symptoms meningitis

I am a male from Colombia. I am really worried since i recieved unprotected oral sex from a sex worker in my country, and had protected (with condom) vaginal sex afterwards. A few days after this i was diagnosed with viral meningitis, I was hospitalized since i was presentig confusion a extreme headaches. At my stay at the hospital they performed a rna test since Drs were suspecting it was due to acute hiv infection, and the result was undetectable (less than 20 copies). After i left the hospital y have had sore throat, i had an apisode of fever, and my transaminase were elevated to around 250. I performed an hiv test at two months and another one at two months and three weeks after the episode of meninigitis and they were both negative. I dont know what type of test it was but they were performed in the best hospital of my city (colombia). After my episode of meningitis i havent had any risk situations. I am verry worried since ive had a lot of symptoms. I am really scared that i have infected my girlfriend since she experienced night seats two days ago. The thing that worries me the most is not finiding a cause for my meningitis and the fact that it was about two weeks after my risky situation.

I want to know how long does it take for the hiv test to detect the antibodies after the primary hiv infection symptoms. I want to know 1this because i want to be 100% sure that my meningitis was not due to primary hiv infection symptoms. Please someone help.
you have a 3 month CONCLUSIVE test result that PROVES you dont have hiv.

please go back and re-read your exchange with dr hook.