HIV Prevention Community
Hiv test after 3 and 6 months conclusive?

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Hi everybody,

I had a boyfriend for about 6 months and we had unprotected intercourse all the time. I trusted him and he promised me that he was clean. I had also known him for a few years before we were together...
I know he had several sexual encounters before being with me, so now we are separated I started to worry about hiv...
My last exposure with him was on 11 october 2012. Afterwards I got tested after 3 months (104days) on the 23rd of january. The result was hiv negative. Afterwards in march I got a throath infection and vaginal yeast infection. My troath infection was cured with antibiotics but the yeast infection took a while to get rid of. So I took another hiv test after six months post exposure on the 22nd of april 2013 (almost 28 weeks after last exposure). Also negative. I got tested several times for chlamydia and gonnorhea (Gonorrhea) also negative.
Now I start having a fungal infection on my skin and I read this is a common hiv sign? So Im starting to worry again... Should I get tested again? If so, when? Or were my tests conclusive?

I hope someone can help me answering this question,

Thanks in advance,

your test at 3 months was CONCLUSIVE, proving that you DONT have hiv.
Thank you. So I guess I have to search my symptoms elsewhere... Or maybe even unconscious stress...
see your dr instead of trying to self diagnose.  
Yep I did so many times, but nothing is found... So I m going to try to relax now. The weird thing is my dr said 6months is conclusive... I guess he s not really up to date with hiv or not an expert ... I dont know. But i will trust on my tests.

Thanks for the help