HIV Prevention Community
Hiv

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Hiv

Thanks for your wonderful job ur doing.
here is my story.

i was exposed to menstrual hiv blood, and ve a small cut on penis,the unprotected penetration was for 3 second, than directly washed my penis, that was on the 24th of dec.

i started pep ( atripla) after 9 hours.
january 24th had a negative p24 antigen and a cd4 of 357.
april 24th( 3 months post pep) had a negative elisa 4th gen duo and cd4 of 773.
may 7th had a negative antibody test.

Can i take theses negative results as conclusive results or do i need further testing?

thank you in advance
Your test was conclusive.
I really appreciate your prompt reply.

some of the forums says that i should retest 6 months post exposure or post pep, do i need to go throught it?
I am a bit close to my marriage and i just want to confirm it ( you know anxity is not something easy to be calmed down)

let me thank you again and tell you that ive tested the girl with acon & determine antibody blood test and the results were positive.
We can't be responsible for the incorrect information you find on other forums.
thanks again dr for your reply,

what about seroconversion, ive read alot about this issue and some people says is a myth and others confirm it,
Do you think ive any chances of seroconversion?
Read the 1st reply Teak gave you.
hi there,

sorry to bother u again, but i wanna ask if antibody give a wrong positive results, 2 acon and 1 determine alere, cos that result of the girl was positive with the mentioned test, is it possible it was wrong positive?

Do u suggest that i should go for PCR test, they are saying that it can detect hiv earlier than other test, sorry but im a bit confused and ive been in this situation since last year dec,

thanks
Are you reading what is being advised of you?