HIV Prevention Community
Home access test question-problem

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Home access test question-problem

Hiya.  I have just taken my blood sample for a home access hiv 1 test.  I waited the three months as was recomend by this and other sites.  I am worried because when I cleaned my finger with the little alcohol wipe included.  I then used the little lancet and took the sample but when i let the blood run off my finger onto the sample pad My finger was still a little wet and the blood looked like it got a little runny from the alcohol.  Well, I tried to put as much blood as i could.  I was supposed to dry my finger first and i called the company, the girl I spoke with said it would PROBABLY not affect the test.  Well, "probably" worries me.  If i get the result back and it is negative should i trust it or retest.  Thankya! I don't want to spend another 40 bucks and i live far from and health dept to get a test. Oh god how stupid of me!
It won't affect the test.
Thanks Girl.  So, the alcohol would not kill anything in the blood sample needed to test? Sorry for the follow up just want to be clear?
what could be clearer than nursegirls words?