HIV Prevention Community
Hoping I am not at risk for hiv infection, please help me!

A place to get help from others in assessing your risk of HIV, getting advice about HIV testing or the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices.

Thanks in advance for your kindness.

I have been dating another guy for a cpouple of weeks.  I am negative.  He hasn't tested for a yer but just recently tested and is awaiting results.  He shared that on the infrequent occassion he has had anal sex, he always wore a condom or required the other person to wear one.  He indicated that  for encounters involviong oral sex, condoms were not used.

So,knowing this and not knowing him for very long, I kept the activities restricted to open mouth kissing and mutual masturbation.  here are my concerns:

() Open mouth kissing:

I have gingivitis and on rare occassions my gums will slightly bleed when brushing and flossing.  Thiough he appears to have nice teeth, and I never tasted or observed blood in our kissing, I am wondering if this represents a risk for hiv transmission and if so, how risky?

() Mutual masturbation:

He is uncircumcized and I am circumsized.  He was very wet, and had his hand on himself then me.  I had my hand on him and me.  My concern is because he was very wet, could his precum have gotten on my urethra, and if so, does that represent a risk?

Second related concern

During the above scenario, I had chewed a few hours ealier on a hang nail.  At the time of the above interaction it was painful but dry, redish and not bleeding.  If I came in contact with his preseminal fluid on that spot, is this a risk, and if so, how risky?

Thanks in advance, I really am on pins and needles big time.
Avatar n tn
I do have a lot of anxiety but I am not guilt ridden.  I am just back in the dating world after 15 + years and want to ensure I don't endanger myself or someone else.
umstluvdogs
I deep kissed someone who was HIV positive and I am still HIV negative.Yeah.
It is good you didn't take it any further until you get his results.
Below is a link  quote from  to the government website
the CDC is the expert in HIV. Take what you want from from they are saying.
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa17.htm