HIV Prevention Community
Hot Skin..

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hot Skin..

I've asked this question before but never got a real answer. Was wondering what may be causing my  hot skin. It BURNS up sometimes yet I dont have a high temp. I told my doctor about four hours ago and he didn't know what to make of it. I really think this is an ARS. My skin just does not act like this.
Tags: Anxiety

Scared, who do you want to answer you, man? And what kind of answer do you want? When are you going to chill out with this ****?
Unfortunately probably not until I get a) banned or b) get my test results. Sorry, its just the way I am.
Scared, I have exactly the same problem, so I do understand what you mean. I have this hot skin symptoms for a month or 2 already, it has been persistance for the first month, subside for a while but now come backs again to a lesser extent, on and off. I have no idea what is it. My temprature range from 36.5C-37.4C usually, with average 36.8C-37C. But regardless of this higher or lower temperature I still got this hot skin symptoms from time to time.
scared83, then go see a doctor, because it is unrelated to HIV.
Scared, you are going to be reported if you keep this up. Not out of malice, but for your own sake. Have you seen a mental health professional?
Hey Guys,
I too have had hot, burning skin over this whole ordeal.  Like I've posted before, none of my symptoms appeared until 4 months past possible exposure, but have continued.  As you are all aware, I have tested so many times, so far out of the window period that I don't think anyone in this world (except for me obviously) would think I have HIV.  I have had every symptom listed under anxiety.  So yes, I am sure anxiety can cause the hot burning skin as well.
Did you have a conclusive HIV test yet?

This is an excerpt from http://www.helpguide.org/mental/anxiety_types_symptoms_treatment.htm

Symptoms of an anxiety attack include:

Shortness of breath
Palpitations or pounding heart
Chest pain or discomfort
Trembling or shaking
Dizziness
Nausea or stomach distress
Fear of losing control or going crazy
Hot or cold flashes

Your hot skin could easily be due to anxiety.... Try to chill out. I know it's dfficult waiting for results/testing, but one way to look at it is that you can't do anything about it except wait, irrespective of what the answer is. If you obsessively believe you're HIV+ positive, even in the face of evidence that you're not, then maybe the way to look at it is that you should be enjoying every moment of your life, not driving yourself insane with anxiety and worry.

Teak, I've been to my GP and he's got no clue what it is.
Not yet. I am still waiting for the 3 month mark. I am supposed to have a near-zero risk though, but I do have other viral symptoms present here (swollen lymph nodes, white tongue) so I don't believe it is cause by anxiety at all. Maybe I am suffering from both ars and anxiety at the same time, if nothing else could explain my hot skin symptom otherwise. Its just so weird. I feel like burning up now.
Only a Dr. can confirm swollen lymph nodes.  You should take a vow of celebacy.