HIV Prevention Community
How accurate is hiv antibody test at weeks 6,10?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

Hi every one, if you can answer my question pleases. About 8 weeks ago I kissed  women dip kissing and she said that she got gum infection. Since I have kissed her I never feel well I have lost about 10 kg and bout 6 weeks after the kissing I got flu, fever, chill, extremely itchy skins and I got swollen lymph nodes as well as sore throat. Also I have very dry moth nose and very dry skins on my arms which are itchy same time. My stomach always aching specially on left side and I got diarrhoea and very itchy auns with spots around whole and white spots around my lips. There are also dark brown spot on my hand and forehead and my chest they look like SK. Can you please tell me what this could be? I did test for HIV1&1, by using antibody test,  and hep A,B,C at  weeks 6 ,10, and 10,2.5  from my exposure to the risk, all the test were negative. This is really drive me crazy can you please answer my question, is this HIV or it could be glandular fever. I am aware of window period of hiv test but I am still 3 weeks away and this is killing me. Please  someone help me, thank you so much.

"Kissing is no risk, even deep ("French") kissing and even with a person who sores on their mouth or has gum or dental disease."   DR HOOK

"Of course no risk. HIV is not transmitted by kissing, even with sores in the mouth.

Despite the billions of kissing events in the AIDS era, not one case of HIV has been known to be transmitted that way, even though millions of those kisses undoubtedly were with cuts in the mouth or on the lips."  
DR HANDSFIELD
Whatever the cause of your discomforts are, it is certain that it's not HIV. You never had a risk. You didn't need to test. You don't require any further testing.

DR HANDSFIELD
Thank you very  much LIZZE LOU, I forgot to mention that I socked her nipples but she is not pregnant or have baby.what you said is realy helping me but these symptoms I have make me really worries me and scar. I do nothing but than  look at myself and watch out for any new symptoms that is to do with HIV and do research see if is to do with HIV. My sore throat can’t go as well is my lymph nodes and today I looking at myself I saw whit milky dots on my lips, penis, and neck. I just cannot stop think of these symptom even for 5 minutes, all my skin has change like yellowish and dark all over my body. Also my feet got some kind of death skin is like yeast infection. I don’t know if anxiety could cause all these problems but they all come after fever I had. I did blood test for lost symptoms they all ok so far the only test I have not done yet is mono test for glandular fever but I will do it in 2 weeks’ time with 13 weeks for HIV and Hep a,b, and c. your comments really helping me thank you so much.
Thank you so much Mike, but why all of these symptom come after kissing? If you please help me with some information you have about HIV symptoms .My life been like hell past 11 weeks, I have lost nearly 10 KG weight. Thanks for your time.
If you are unwell see your doctor, it has nothing to do with HIV.
Hi Teak, i went to see Dr today so he said that i should take PCR test for HIV and it toke 2 weeks to get resluts back. I will go next week take test for HIV, hep a,b,  and c as well as mono test. I will informed your gusy with resluts but until then i might need bit of helps from your guys. Thanks for your time.
Hi - this forum is not able to act as a hand-holding service for anxiety.  You were advised that you didn't have a risk, and of course it is your choice to test or not test, but we can't really offer any more help in this forum - it is for HIV Prevention questions only.
Find a new doctor.  I surely hope he doesn't tell his patients that kissing is a risk (or nipple sucking).

You never had a risk...you do not need testing.

Kindly move along.
Thank you very much to all of you, i feel bit better and i will never forget your helps.
Hi nursegirl, i have been to many Drs for many time that is what i have been doing past 11 weeks no one have every said that kissing is a risk of HIV or hep a,b and c but the symptoms i have are ARS that is why i am so scar specially my tonsil and lymph nodes on my underarm as well as sweating a lots and sever back pain. Once again thank you so much to all of you.
i have been to many Drs for many time that is what i have been doing past 11 weeks no one have every said that kissing is a risk of HIV or hep a,b and c but the symptoms i have are ARS that is why i am so scar specially my tonsil and lymph nodes on my underarm as well as sweating a lots and sever back pain.

Well, if a woman went to her doctor with all the signs of pregnancy, but she never had sex, would it make sense to give her a pregnancy test?  It's the same concept...you had no risk...so therefore your "symptoms" have nothing to do with HIV!  An HIV test is a waste of time, money and resources, if you've not had a risk.
You do not have ARS. If you had it, you wouldn't be sitting in front of your computer telling us about your anxiety driven symptoms instead at the emergency room of the hospital. Every thing you tell us is classic anxiety symptoms. Please seek counselling and move on there is no point wasting your time crying about something you dont have, you never had a risk.
I am not sure if you are telling your doctor the truth about your incident or your doctor is simply a quack to suggest you PCR for a no risk scenario.
i did  told him all about the incident they told me same thing so i come to abroud for the tests. I really pray that is just Glandular fever not HIV.
nursegirl i think i am going mad you might be right. Your gusy really been there for me bless you, i wish that one day i could see you.
Hi everyone, I had loos stool for nearly 11 and half weeks but now it turn to sever diarrhea. Any idea how to control it or is possible hiv turn to aids within about 12 weeks from exposer to the risk??
See a doctor. You have no reason to be posting here.
Hi  every one, I went to Dr for other symptoms and I have done lots blood test for any other symptoms all test was normal and Dr told me to wait for 3 moth for HIV,hep a,b and c tests  but I am still 12 days away. Please if anyone can make some comment on this my stomach is really aching even more when I eat and exit stool is smelly black and loos also I am extremely fatigue and   my body is shaking it wake me up in the night is like teeth grinding I don’t know what is it I have never experience these type of symptoms.   Please make some comment on this is hiv symptoms? Dose anxiety causes these type symptoms?? Thank you so much for your help and time.
Dear teak, if my 10 week results is negative dose not means I am conclusive  negative I got evry symptom of HIV and the person I kissed just told me that she is hiv positive so I just come here for helps and  I think your guys are helpful. Please except that I am not annoying your guys, I just want to ask your guys so I can give myself a bit of hope I think about 80% I am hiv positive. Thus please if can help me do so don’t ban me, help me please  thank you.
* Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusively negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to action by MedHelp. Conclusively negative results or a no-risk situation will be based upon the criteria established by MedHelp’s doctors. Action will be taken as follows:
    * After excessive posting, a warning will be issued by MedHelp
    * Continuing to post regarding the negative result / no risk situation will result in a 3 day suspension
    * Continuing to post upon your return will result in a permanent ban.
shibumon i do try to move on but these symptoms wount let me, my  under arm     lymph nodes  as weel as tonsle are slowed up  and my under is sweating like tap water. my stool was ok today loos but not the much. i am so scar, ho God please help me.
Move on, you don't have an HIV concern. Seek professional mental help.
Hi guys I got 6 days left for HIV test but I am still frightening to death because I have got black mark appear on my body. I am really scree, would HHV-8 cause this black mark they just look like SK? How soon HHV can cause this mark? Are they life threatening? Please help me someone. Thanks for your time.
You don't have any waiting time, you never had an exposure.