HIV Prevention Community
How does HIV enter your system via penis?

If you believe you have been exposed to HIV and want help to judge your risk, would like advice about HIV testing, or have questions about the effectiveness of condoms or risks associated with specific sexual practices, this is the site for you.

I was wondering how HIV enters your system through the penis?  Is it only through the penis uretha opening?  or can it enter via the membrane under the foreskin?

Also why are circumsized men less likely to catch hiv than uncircumsized men?  I would think that the extra layer of foreskin should help prevent catching hiv?
Urethra and the underside of the hood on an uncircumzied male.
As Teak rightly said,, uncircumcized males have more area of mucus membrane,  underside of their foreskin exposed , during an act of unprotected sex.
so the spongy head tissue is not mucus membrane?  only the underside of the foreskin is mucus membrane?
This isn't an antomity class. MOVE ON.
I just read ur note on the mucous membrane on the underside of the foreskin.

I did have an issue, 4 years ago i made one stupid mistake, i was drunk and an unknown guy masturbated me. i came in my trousers. He has obviously wanked off earlier and had collected his semen in his handkerchief, after i was done, he proceeded to wipe me off with his cum soaked handkerchief, While i fought him off, i think i got a dab on my penis, I am uncut and this question has been bothering me

i did wipe immediately, but couldnt wash until later, It was a drunk eve so i went to my washroom and by habit wanked again, the next morning, i realized and went for counseling, was tolld all was safe, however, this question was bothering me, hope u can help.
HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.
thanks teak, one more clarifying question please.

since it was almost immediate and it touched my foreskin, is there a possibility of transmission.... Also, the fact that i re masturbated later, is that fine

Also, its been 4 years since then, is there a risk of anything developing after this time gap or normally by when would one realise
No there wasn't a possibility of infection.